1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too big avi files to fit on a dvd- record.

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by erikzzon, Feb 9, 2004.

1. erikzzon

erikzzon Member

Tried to make a dvd with TMPGEnc with the excellent guide from this page. Behind enemy lines, 697 mb, i follow the instructions but when i come to the [bold]Bitrate settings[/bold]the file is too big, much to big to fit on the dvd- record, how do I solve this, please help me!

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

First of all In Tmpgenc Make sure that the audio is NOT set to "LPCM" this will take far too much space on the DVD, Set it to "Mpeg1 Layer 2" and set the Audio Bitrate to between 192kbs and 384kbs...And if the File is to Big you Lower the Bitrate..The Higher the Bitrate the Bigger the File will be and the Lower the Bitrate the Smaller the File will be....

3. erikzzon

erikzzon Member

Thanx but it doesn´t help. It's still too big. My TMPGEnc doesn´t look like the one in the guide i don´t know if that has something to do with it. I have TMPGEnc plus 2.5. Don´t know if I miss any codec or something like that. When I should select the video format I couldn´t choose mpeg CBR mpeg layer 2 audio, it just says CBR ****kbps and VBR ****kbps.
    The file is still to big, the smallest I can get it is around 5100 MB.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Are you Useing the "WiZard"?? if so then Don"t...If you Load the "Unlock.mcf" Template this will Unlock all of the Settings in Tmpgenc so you can adjust them the way you want then you will Be able to Change the audio Format..Or what would be easier is to take the wav audio file that Tmpgenc made for you to create the DVD and Load it back into Tmpgenc and encode it to Mpeg1 Layer 2, this will bring the Combined File size way do so you can author it to a DVD-R....