1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too big for screen?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Shrug53, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Shrug53

Shrug53 Member

No matter what software I use (Ulead, TmpegDVD Author, MyDVD, etc) my videos seem to be to large to fit my TV screen.
    An Example: Today I burned 12 short video clips from our last family gathering. I used Ulead to do it. I had a main menu and a chapter selection menu.
    I positioned the thumbnail buttons well within the "TV safe zone" but when I viewed the final DVD the menu was too wide and too tall and some stuff got clipped off.
    The same with the video clips. Peoples heads were clipped, people on the sides were half off the screen, etc.
    When I copied one of my old video tapes (Master of the Flying Guillotine) to DVD the same thing happened. The subtitles which are usually about an inch from the bottom of the screen, were clipped in half at the bottom.
    Does anyone else have this problem? Can anyone tell me how to fix it?
    I have a lot of home movies and video tapes that I have had in dry storage for years and years that I am really anxious to transfer to DVD, but nothing seems to turn out right.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Shrug53

Shrug53 Member

I forgot to mention something. I see that for some people they want to convert as quickly as possible. That is not an issue for me. I am happy to let it go all night.

3. Shrug53

Shrug53 Member

Oh, also hard drive space is not an issue. I have a 120gb drive dedicated just to videos.

4. Shrug53

Shrug53 Member

Also what is the actual resolution of a TV and why does dvd software make the files bigger than can be shown?

5. Shrug53

Shrug53 Member

^bump^

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

This is a wierd problem I can honestly say I havent heard of before? How do the converted files play on your PC? I would also give NeroVisionExpress a try. You can download a free trial version if you don't have it already.