1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too Big? Please help a beginner

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by mikeybee, Jun 6, 2007.

1. mikeybee

mikeybee Member

I recently got Nero 7 Ultra and was really impressed by the whole package. I really thought that creating a DVD of my own would be difficult, but I was amazed how easy it was.

Well, until the end.

I wrap up everything and tell it to burn. It encodes everything fine and dandy (even though taking like an hour)... but then it goes to write the DVD (I have a LightScribe DVD/Divx/DVDRAM external drive), it comes back with a message saying I don't have enough space on the drive. Evidentally it needs 4.7 gig but I only have 4.3 available for some reason. So I burn it to the disk instead. Cool, everything seems to burn OK.

So I go into Alcohol to burn the DVD and it tells me it can't write this kind of file to a DVD-R or a DVD+R disk, it needs to have a DVD-RAM or a DVD-R/W disk. I looked into that and the price is more than I want to spend. Plus, I have hundreds of these DVD-R/DVD+Rs.

So, I go back and try to lower the quality. Now it's 3.0 gigs. I go to burn it, and then I go off and do other stuff as it works (Really didn't feel like watching the whole thing again for the third time that night) and come back to find.... my desktop! Nero was gone. The disk, however, was sticking out of the tray, usually the sign it was completed.

I drop it into my other computer DVD drive. Reads... reads... and then says it cannot read the disk. I dropped it into my TV's DVD player, and sure enough, it says the disk is not valid.

What am I doing wrong here? Can I not use DVD-Rs or DVD+Rs?

2. mikeybee

mikeybee Member

Oh and more info -- I'm using a MPEG as the source. Marked all the chapers, plus I have a PNG backdrop and an MP3 File.

3. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi mikeybee
    Post the last Nero log and let's take a peek.

Nero saves the last 10 burns in a text file here:
    program files>nero>nero 7>core>nerohistory

Just need the last one. Edit out the serial too - they're 28 characters and begin w/ 1C, 1A or 5C.