1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TOO BIG !

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Tamz, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Tamz

Tamz Member

hi folks....

Recently i took an ISO image of a dvd using UltraISO. Now the file is unlike the other ISO images taken by DVD shrink very large(6.85 Gb). I couldn't do it with DVD shrink cuz there occured an error, and it closed down the programe.
    Can someone please tell me, how to reduce the size of this ISO image to fit on an ordinary 4.7Gb disk ???
    I'll highly appreciate !

2. Bigfatboy

Bigfatboy Regular member

Last edited: Feb 25, 2005
  3. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Did you try clicking "file/open disc" image in dvd shrink?
    Because clicking on "open files" wont do it.
    good luck
    jD

Last edited: Feb 25, 2005
  4. Tamz

Tamz Member

No, actually, the problem occured when Dvd Shrink analysed the Dvd. this would repeat everytime i tried to do it all over again.
    As i said, now i have the ISO image taken by UltraISO software, but its a large file (6.85 gb). I wanna know, is it possible to reduce its size to fit on a 4.7 gb disk without ? or can i open an ISO image file in shrink to edit it ?
    The ISO image formate is Winrar.

5. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

If dvd shrink is analyzing it, and crashing on you while doing so, then you probably have a corrupt file. There is no way to shrink the ISO per se. You were on the right track with dvd shrink, but since that is not working, you may have an insurmountable problem.

What I'd try to do is "decrypt" the ISO with dvd decrypter. If it works, then try dvd shrink again on the files copied with dvd decrypter.

6. elderruss

elderruss Member

This conversation is right up my alley. I also have a too large problem with the work DVD shrink left me with. I try to burn the project to DVD with Nero 6.6 and it wants a bigger disk to hold the project, I didn't know there was a bigger disk.

PS am I the only one that was scared to download dvd decrypter do to the need to say your not in the USA?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2005
  7. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Extract the VIDEO_TS folder from ISO image {I'd use ISObuster myself) ... then delete all but main movie VOBS and title set IFO files.
    Open DVD2One [or similar , but I trust DVD2One more so to put correct structure together again] and do a 'Movie-Only' compression in high quality mode ... also extract un-needed audio if really pushed for trying to reduce size (even after taking movie only)

8. PicBug

PicBug Guest

I have had the same problem and I just went out of the program and then went back in (DVD Shrink) and just went to open files and reanalyized it. It has worked for me so far. Good luck!

9. Tamz

Tamz Member

Hey herbsman, you mentioned some pretty handy stuff...
    i downloaded the tow programes (ISObuster & DVD2one).
    I went through the procedure you mentioned, but after opening the ISO file in Isobuster, i couldnt see which are the movie VOBS and which are extra, and secondly i wcouldnt find how to delete them, thirdly it would take alot of time to extract the VIDEO_TS files from the ISO to delete extra features......as a result, i couldnt take much out of them....could you please tell me some more about it, cuz i think it has to work somehow this way !!!!

thankss...

10. herbsman

11. elderruss

elderruss Member

Yo Thanks all the info is great even though no one wants to tuch the question about decrypter download.
    Anyway some how everythings working fine with just dvdshrink alone. I reauthored the files and it works fine, I didn't even have to use another program to burn it. dvd shrink doess the whole job for me.

12. herbsman

DVD Shrink doesn't have a burning engine [it'll utilize either Nero or DVD Decrypter] ; )