1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tool battery

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by knightj92, Nov 4, 2007.

1. knightj92

knightj92 Member

hi

i need some info on the tool battery like does it work or not ? how do u use it to downgrade etc? sorry to ask but cant find much info on it so i thought i would ask here, buying one as i dont have homebrew and i tryed to softmod psp battery but i got a newer version battery so it wont work!!!! so i thought i would use tool battery in case a buy a old one and it still dont work thanks !!!

2. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

As long as it says your psp can go into service mode with it, it will be fine. To finish making your pandora pack use this guide HERE. Then put in the battery and memory stick and press X.

3. knightj92

knightj92 Member

how do i find out if my psp can go into sevice mod
    also is there an easier way to downgrade wit tool battery i heard about pandora gui will that work

4. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

If your psp battery has the serial OxFFFFFF then it is a pandora's battery. The guide above will help you alot.

5. knightj92

knightj92 Member

soz but could u give me some more info on that where to find battery serial, im a bit of a n00b soz, first time of downgrading so dont know much about it

6. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

You can check by running a homebrew app which i don't think you can do. But anyways, you can Hard mod your battery to become a service mode one... that will work.

7. knightj92

knightj92 Member

soz i still dont understand wot i got to do hardmod???????????
    all i really want to know is how to find out if i can downgrade, and also how to find out if my psp can do servicemode
    also does this tool battery work and how do i use it, some one said they used pandora gui and tool battery to downgrade and make magic memory stick but i dont know if i can downgrade or not

8. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

OK. Your psp cannot currently downgrade, you need to Hard Mod the battery in order to make it go into service mode and downgrade.

9. knightj92

knightj92 Member

oh do u mean i nead to take out the 5th pin

10. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

If that's what the guide says, then yes.

11. knightj92

knightj92 Member

im getting really confused here right can you tell me why i need to hardmod and what does and do and why do i need to do it ????????
    2nd u said i need to do it to put psp in servicemod i thought the datel tool battery im getting does it for you, and all i need to do is make a magic memory stick and then i can downgrade it is that right or wrong

12. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

You really confused me, i told you though, original batteries do not come with service mode, so you are going to have to make the thing urself.

13. knightj92

knightj92 Member

hi there
    yep i get u now what u want me to do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    lol i already tried that but the prob is that when i done what u want me to do it did not work so if u read my first post i said that already tried this so im getting a tool battery ( datel ) that has already been put in service mode so all you need to with the battery is make a magic memory stick, but i wanted to know does this tool battery work and how do i make the magic memory for the tool battery lol

14. knightj92

knightj92 Member

also i wanted to know can you use the tool battery to downgrade ie does it work or not

15. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

Yes it does work and HERE is an easy installer for how to do that.

16. knightj92

knightj92 Member

nah you still dont get it that link is to change a pandora battery into a normal one what i want to know is how do i downgrade a 3.71 psp to 3.71m33 using a tool battery datel, what stuff do i need on the memory stick to do it

17. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

OKAY!!!! The link i just gave you is a easy installer that puts the right files on your memory stick to downgrade, it is not in any way related to making a battery.

18. knightj92

knightj92 Member

yeah it says that i turned my jigkick into a normal battery so is if for turning battery to normal or is it for making magic memory sticks and do you know that this will work with a datel tool battery or not

19. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

It Will!

20. knightj92

knightj92 Member

hi

is that link u giving me to the software pandora easy gui installer if it is thanks im already going to do that