1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tools for Wiikey Assembly

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by marcman, Jul 2, 2007.

1. marcman

marcman Member

Where can I buy a Tri-Star screwdriver (needed for wii disassmebly)? Any tips would be very helpful. Also, where would be a good place to buy a soldering iron, and other tools needed? Thanks for any replies! :)

2. marcman

marcman Member

I forgot to mention, I live in Southern California. :)

I sincerely appreciate any replies. I am a complete noob at modding, and I want to make sure that I buy the right tools before the wiikey arrives.

3. Rusko

Rusko Member

For screw drivers, try ModChipStore.com, under Wii/Accessories. They have a whole screw driver set. For soddering, homedepot or a local hardware store should have it. I got mine soddering equitment at homedepot. Also you might wanna get some wires too, cause it seems easier and safer to install then just soddering the chip directly. Though I dont know what wires you need, I sodder it directly. Another note, make sure you dont put too much sodder, like I did, it will cause a mess; trust me, I've been there. You can always add, but you can't take it away.

4. Rusko

Rusko Member

And another thing. For a sodder, I suggest Weller. They are one of the best weldering companies. Also get a good number of battires, if you get a portable one. Sodders drain ALOT of juice.

5. marcman

marcman Member

Rusko thank you very much for your reply. I ordered my screwdriver from the site you provided, and am now heading out to home depot. Thanks for the tips too! The wires seem to be the way to go.

6. afeld

afeld Regular member

Don't forget use 30 AWG wires, you don't want wires too big... And use a 15w soldering iron with the finest tip you can find. A very fine pair of electronics tweezers will help a lot also.

Definitely go wired, I have done hundreds of other console mods, and I tried direct (wireless) with the wii the first time, and it didn't work. Once I went back to wires, it worked fine.