1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top DVD Burners 2007

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by BigWally, Jul 17, 2007.

1. BigWally

BigWally Guest

Hi all Im looking to buy a drive thats good all around
    burning, reading and can bitset. Basically one that's just as good as the BenQ's and Plextor's were. The money part is not a issue I'll spend the extra bucks as its worth it.
    Which burners are considered "Top of the Line" now?
    Its been a really long time since I had to shop for one of these so ive been out of the loop.

Any suggestions ?
    (it would be greatly appreciated)

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I am sure you are going to get a bunch of different opinions about this one, but in my opinion you can't go wrong with a LiteOn drive. I have owned them all and the LiteOns are as good as the best and better than most. The plus is they are cheap to buy another plus if your system can support them is there SATA drives. They read any disk better than anything out there in my opinion. When it comes to burning it does well I wouldn't rate it at the top for burning but it is close. All around it is a good drive and it won't disappoint :)

3. BigWally

BigWally Guest

Yeah i was considering a lite-on. They are good drives.
    How about the SonyNEC 7170a ?
    i was reading on Tomshardware.com and they rated about 5 drives and that one and the pioneer 112 were the better performers. Although, there is a downside to this neither of those drives support Lightscribe and or booktype w/ stock firmware.