1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TOP QUALITY DVD-R's???

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kmartdvd, Apr 9, 2005.

1. kmartdvd

kmartdvd Member

I need to know where to get what is considered top-quality DVD-R's, with a blank silver matte finish top. Thanks...

2. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

You can check Meritline.com, Newegg.com, Rima.com and others but do Not post the same question on more than one forum. It is against the rules.

3. kmartdvd

kmartdvd Member

Jeez, the only reason I did that was because I posted first on the Newbies board, but then I realized that was the incorrect board so I put it on the more appropriate board, DVD-media...thanks for answering my question.

4. kmartdvd

kmartdvd Member

Okay, so I checked out newegg.com and I see Fuji brand DVD-R's that might fit my criteria, except I can't see if it was made in Japan or Taiwan, so how can I tell?

5. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

order a sample size (say one or 2 of each) and run it through dvd identifier, that will tell you the media code and who actually makes them. Then burn a file to each one and run it through a disc checker ie Kprobe or Nero CD/DVD Speed, that will show the amount of errors. Then order a supply of the ones that come out best.
    Remember that different burners have different preferences, what works for me and my pioneer burner may not work for you and your burner

6. kmartdvd

kmartdvd Member

That sounds like quite a job (plus how do you order a "sample size"). I'll just go with reports that Taiyo Yuden discs are great, and Fuji discs from Japan are Taiyo Yuden. Now my only problem is I can't see whether it is made in Japan or Taiwan by ordering online. Is there any way to tell without actually having the package in front of me?

7. kmartdvd

kmartdvd Member

Oh and by the way, I have a Philips DVD+-RW DVD8631 Drive.

Also, are there any comprehensive guides on Disc Quality and compatibility with different drives? Thanks for the help.

8. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Why not email them and ask????????????????

I would be surprised if you could find that, there are loads of types of burners and types of media, and to compile a list like that would take an eon.................

Check Philips website to see if they have a recommended media list for use with your burner.

Also if you want to have a good 'heads up' on the best media around drop into our dvdr media forum and check it out there, but do not double post....................

http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/47

Last edited: Apr 10, 2005
  9. Webuser

Webuser Member