1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TOPMENUplugin.rco shfting to the right.. RUN BY if you got flash0 experience.

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by DEVINRL, Oct 1, 2007.

1. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AELXvIher48 is where you can see the video of my problem, any ideas, comment there or here. It would be so great to get it how i want it, the only thing thats keeping me from having it near complete is the GAME icon and INTERNET icon.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  2. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

You werent able to fix the icon with RCO editor?

3. ArmorRavn

ArmorRavn Member

Well, first of all, I'm gonna say that that is one of the coolest themes I have ever seen on a PSP.

Well I had a problem very similar to this before, but they were white blocks- probably same error. This occured when I made the 01-12.bmp file in the flash0 a larger, 480*272 image(making the file larger).

When I did this, more RAM is being used up by the PSP XMB, so some icons become corrupted.

Temporary Solution. Change your current 01-12.bmp file into the small one that is very tiny and all one color.

When you do this, you will not have a background with your theme, but you can see if the XMB theme icons you created is working.

If the icons are still black/ white when you change the 01-12.bmp file, then that means something is wrong with the icons.

So try changing that 01-12.bmp file first and tell/ pm me what happens.

(If the icons are working, I can edit the 01-12.bmp file to be smaller, but still have the image you want)

EDIT: As a matter of fact, it was my Internet and some Game icons getting the block around them also. I am pretty sure this is a RAM problem...

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  4. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

>>ARMORRAVN! I never would of thought of resizing the BITMAP to make the icons show right, thats weird, but everything turned out PERFECT the way i wanted except that when i click on the video icon or game icon or whatever, and when i hit circle out, it moves the whole circle ICON about an inch to the right. ANYONE know of this problem and if its fixable?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2007
  5. guano

guano Regular member

Yea... you gotta match the values in your vshmain.prx to the values in your topmenu. In topmenu, if you go to Page Data, you'll see xmenu. That's teh location of the topmenu. (Centering). Just make sure the numerical value matches that of the placement in vshmain.prx (X positioning) and you're good to go.

I was skimming over the material in this thread, so I didn't catch it all, but it looks like you resized your icons. You can do that OR you can shrink your background. That's teh reason you got the blacked out icons.

6. ArmorRavn

ArmorRavn Member

So it is working fine now except for that? That's great!

Now I wish I knew how to do things like this... All I know is how to edit the icons, but not how to make a whole new theme...

Can I just ask you some questions about theme making? I know that with RCO editor you can extract the icons and edit them. My questions are:

How do you make the image half transparent(I know that pitch black is full transparent). How do you edit the icons that don't show up as anything in photoshop(just a white image)?

How do I edit the locations of the icons in the xmb, to move the objects to the exact center, or move like the clock or something?

Can you actually post the theme, or whatever it is so that I can have a similar XMB effect? (I mean so that there is the cool icon on the left side of the screen and the semi-transparent icon on the top right? I just want the path that you were talking about in the video. Don't worry, I won't steal your theme, I just want to make my own...

Hope I helped. And thanks for any help you can give me!

7. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

ArmorRAVN> I'll help you out, im not going to shout it out though, I'll PM you later with good info.

GUANO>> you seem confident about my problem, im glad you came by the thread too. Im going to give that a try after i get freshened up. The help means a lot guys, i've been working on this to get it the way i wanted and i think im finally going to get it to work. >;]

8. ArmorRavn

ArmorRavn Member

Ok thanks Devinrl!

I think that you can make some really good themes.
    I heard about the whole RAM issue from multiple people.

Some of your other options could be to remove the shadows from the icons that you are using, make the icons smaller, or just edit the 01-12.bmp.

Hey. I know you already compressed the 01-12.bmp file, but did you just make the image smaller? You just shrank it so that the dimensions are smaller?
    I am asking you because the way I compressed it, the image is like a 480*190. I got my 480*272 file and compressed it to this and saved it with those dimensions. When you put it on your psp the image will have naturally stretched out vertically again. (If you want me to help you with editing this part, I can if you don't quite understand).

9. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

Im going to freshen up and ill get back to you about how i work my themes but yeah, i use paint and do it the hard way, hold control and push "W" and edit the size that way.[Photoshop is the best though] I just took out 10% off the width & height. Too much will make the bitmap less Sharp.

GUANo>> I thought you were referring to my problem with the main icon

shiting to the right after i circle out and get out of GAME,

VIDEO, MUSIC, PHOTO or w.e. I guess your referring to the problem that

ArmorRAVN already helped me out with? by resizing my bitmap? Yeah i

got my other 2 icons back but i dont know why it shifts to the right

after i circle out.

10. ArmorRavn

ArmorRavn Member

Ok. When you get back you should be reading this...
    I can help you out here- I use photoshop and GIMP (Download GIMP, it is great and free). Just upload the BMP file on photobucket/ imageshack, or anything, and I will resize it and reupload it.

I'm gonna make 3 different ones so you can try them all on your psp:
    a 480*190 and a 480*210

11. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

aRMORAVN> i cant even get a hold of you because you dont have a profile

set up. Check out my page, i got my other psp theme up there. Do you

know what most of the rcos in the resource mean? like the

osk,bg.rco,fg.rco,systemplugin,openingplugin,savedata, and all those do?

i can easyily help you out with those, The prx's are the tricky ones. I

know about a couple.Try and get a profile set up.

12. ArmorRavn

ArmorRavn Member

There. I made a profile. I am not really used to having to create one lol.

So are you just going to pm me the things you know?

And PM me your 01-12.bmp file also!

13. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

To brush it up, i got a problem with my topmenuplugin shifting to the right a bit [enough to make a difference] after i exit out [circle] of settings, photo, music, video or game.

Also, run by my page if you know which is which when it comes to prx's and rco's. I named a couple to help out some people but if you got more which im sure you do. Shout out a couple.Thanks in advance for any help. Plus i've been looking around for any site that translates,nothingfound.

14. ArmorRavn

ArmorRavn Member

I think that guano guy is right... He said

"Yea... you gotta match the values in your vshmain.prx to the values in your topmenu. In topmenu, if you go to Page Data, you'll see xmenu. That's teh location of the topmenu. (Centering). Just make sure the numerical value matches that of the placement in vshmain.prx (X positioning) and you're good to go. "

First of all, you need to get a vshmain.prx editor of some sort and change the values to match the values in topmenuplugin.rco.

I think I have found a vshmain.prx editor, but I need to wait like 100 minutes (dang rapidshare).

I think I can try to do it. Where is your vshmain.prx file?

15. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

I see, i wasn't sure what he was reffering too. My vshmain.prx file? its in the Nodule folder. I havent downloaded anything for a while, where did you find this program? ill try to look for one too.

16. ArmorRavn

ArmorRavn Member

Oh. I PMed it to you. There were two links.

One foreign one, and one tutorial on how to edit the vshmain.prx