1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Torrent client problem

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by horoszka, Feb 15, 2005.

1. horoszka

horoszka Member

I was using BitLord since I got my connection switched to broadband and everything was OK, but couple of days ago something went wrong with the provider's server; yesterday everything was OK again; but after some time (3 or 4 hours) when I was using BitLord it suddenly stop downloading files (0-0.5kb/s); moreover when it's turn on websites won't load at all and all the net is blocked;
    Is it possible that admin has blocked p2p connections??
    Any help please

2. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

have your tried disconnecting and rebooting your computer?

3. horoszka

horoszka Member

Yes, I did all those things; I'm in the network made of 5 computers and we are connected wireless with our admin, who is on a cable connected with the provider;

4. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

ahh their maybe lies your problem, sharing over five computers, has the admin disconnnected and rebooted?

5. horoszka

horoszka Member

We are not sharing files with each other; we are only connected to the global net; so that's way it is so perplexing

6. horoszka

horoszka Member

I've just sent a massage to our admin asking if he could do something about that; I hope everything will work out (I'm stuck at 99,3% of 6.5 GB file:(, bye

7. horoszka

horoszka Member

It is over for me:( For 99% I won't get any more files through bittorrent; Admin said he didn't change anything; and it's like hopeless talking to him because it seems that I'm the only man in our net that uses bittorent:( One more thing is I'm 21 and he is sth like 40 so there is no way we could go any further; So anyway thanx for your help LoNeR;

8. Sir-Age

Sir-Age Regular member

Sometimes the internet wont load after I have downloaded a few files or one large file like a demo of a game.
    I just restart and it normally goes back to normal.

I blame my comp, its really crap - (1gig P3, 256mb memory)

9. horoszka

horoszka Member

But it was so sudden that it is still so confusing to me what might have happened; I'm on XP1800+, 768MB; it's so weired that I've even got my Win renewed; I'm really hopeless; thanx

10. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

hmm, sorry i couldn't originally help, but i have a idea

you said its on wifi right?

is your wifi configured to allow those ports to be used for fast data transfer?

11. horoszka

horoszka Member

No. I talked to Admin at the begining if he could configure a port forwarding for me to get faster downloads, but as I said earlier it is hopeless talking with guy that don't understand your needs; anyway I was happy about what I got (15-20kb\s, one day 130kb\s - full bandwidth:) and than came that crash with provider's server (Admin says so) but after 2 days everything was OK (15kb\s) and after 3 or 4 hours suddenly that bizzare thing happened (0-0.5kb/s, pages aren't loading when bitlord is running); I tried at my neighbour's computer who is also in our network but for him is the same thing (0-0.5kb\s, but pages do load good); Thanx for any help

12. horoszka

horoszka Member

Everything has came back to normal:) I tried it 2 days ago and to my surprise it was OK; thanks for your help, but I still don't know what was the reason;

13. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

hmmm maybe the admin was looking at too much pr0n and slowing down [bold]your[/bold] connection, lol
    now he has stopped so you don't catch him :D

anyway, glad youve got it sorted :D