1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

torrent downloading/ internet problems

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by nydaddy04, Mar 5, 2005.

1. nydaddy04

nydaddy04 Member

HEllo. I have a Westell 2100 dsl modem. i tested my connection on www.dslreports.com and it tells me dat my internet has a speed of 675 / 125 kbps with a 90.4 kb/sec . Wen i try and download stuff from bittorent or bitlord, speeds rarely go over 11 kb/sec. I knoe people that have slower internet speeds then me and download things up to 5 tmes faster then me. CAn anyone please help me on how to make my torrent downloads faster.

thanks

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

your in the wrong forum as should be in "file sharing applications" above this one

3. 3615075

3615075 Member

what bit torrent program you using to download the files from if you let me know i could help you

4. Akazecks

Akazecks Regular member

Hello. If you are paying for a 1.5 mb connection, you should not be getting that low speed. Make sure you are using a data line for the modem and filters. If all connections are fine and your speed isn't at least over 1 mb on the tests, call the company.

Use Azureus to d/l, much better.

Use this to fix the settings on your DSL. Thank Scorpio for them.

1. open a internet explorer browser and type "launchmodem" (without the quotes) on the address bar.
    2. on the window that appears click on "Expert Mode". Click on "yes, enter expert mode" when the warning comes up.
    3. Click on the "Configure" tab, then click on "NAT".
    4. Ok, now look to ur right, where it says Service Name, click on the arrow and scroll down to where it says *My New Service, click on that, and then on Edit (u might have to scroll to the right to see the Edit button).
    NOTE: If u dont see *My New Service when u scroll down, do this: Click on the "Define Custom Service" button (it's on the same page). On the window that comes up make sure "Port Fowarding Ranges of Ports" is checked and click "next". Continue with step 6.
    5. a new window will pop up, click on Add.
    6. Here u will set the port range. Set the Global Port Range from 6881 to 6999. Leave the Base Host Port as is, and make sure the Protocol is set to TCP (Bittorrent doesn't use UDP Protocol). Click Next
    7. Now you have to enable it. scroll down to the service u created and click on it, then click on the "Enable" button.

5. ptt

ptt Member

hey man i was reading through the this thread and i have the same problem as nydaddy04, just that i have a 5mb connection and was trying to follow you're instructions and was wondering is this for all companies? or just the one you guys have because typing "launchmodem", without the quotes, and it doesn't work in my address bar.

6. Akazecks

Akazecks Regular member

Bellsouth Westell Modems. So far as i've checked.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  7. ptt

ptt Member

ok thanks man

8. Akazecks

Akazecks Regular member

I think though. That you can configure your modem with the above steps. You just have to find the command or something to get into the configurations. When I had cable modem it was another command. Try reading or calling the company to find out.