1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Torrent downloads with netgear router (wireless)

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by djacute, Feb 3, 2005.

1. djacute

djacute Member

Helo!

I am having what may be a unique but definatly frustrating problem when downloading using bit torrent.

Client: bit tornado (which i have found works the best so far)
    Router: Netgear DG834G (wireless)
    Average rate: 50 kB/s

The problem is i am not reaching anywhere near the transfer rate that i should. My average rate at the moment is around 50kB/s and considering i am on a 1 meg line that is pretty piss poor (from what i understand any way). I have sifted through forums and configuration sites for weeks and have gained some very helpful information as initially my rate would not go higher than about 4 kB/s. I am using a netgear DG834G router and i am sure that i have forwarded the ports as according to the guide on portforwarding.com. As well as this i have opened/unblocked the ports on the shitty windows xp firewall, but still no joy. I realise that bit torrent relies on other users having the file and other seeds but there are many peers that have this file (on average around 65) and even so surely i should be able to reach around 200kB/s if there were that few peers??? In theory it is my understanding that IN THEORY i should be able to reach around 800kB/s considering the size of line????

Any input would be greatly appretiated as two days for a file of around 3gb on a 1mb/s line is just not good enough!!!!

Thanks for your time!

2. djacute

djacute Member

p.s is there any way you can tell if other users are able to connect to your pc??

pps. The total speed in bit tornado...
    if you subtract the value of the upload speed should the figure your left with be the download speed you should be able to achieve,
    e.g if the total speed is 500kB/s and my upload speed is at 20kB/s should i be able to reach around 480kB/s as a max transfer rate???