1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Torrent Extracting

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by wilux, May 19, 2007.

1. wilux

wilux Member

Hi, I have a problem with my PS2 God Of War 2 torrent i recently downloaded. Itz split up into about 73 files each about 47mb/s. I used winrar to extract the ISO but when it reached 100% it said error corrupted file. I made sure it was 100% finished too. I tryed it again using winzip and it said error cmc mismatch or sumthing lyke that.

Any Helpers Plz...

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

You can't fix it. You may want to download it again, but you may find that it happens again.

That game was only released on March 17, by Sony, who own the "copyright". Ask a lawyer what that means. (You may need to, soon!)

Often these days, when a movie or game is released, the copyright owners, or their agents, will release mangled versions of the product to peer to peer networks such a Bit Torrent.

The idea is that you spend a long time downloading it, then you find it does not work, and you are discouraged from using p2p for getting pirated media, so you go to the "store" and "buy" the product with this stuff called "money". (This "money" thing is the reason that Sony make games.) The "money" ends up in Sony's bank, and they can pay "salaries" to game designers to make games.

Words to look up

Copyright
    Money
    Salary
    Buy
    Piracy

Last edited: May 20, 2007
  3. anthrax11

anthrax11 Member

Copyright - the exclusive right to make copies, license, and otherwise exploit a literary, musical, or artistic work, whether printed, audio, video, etc.: works granted such right by law on or after January 1, 1978, are protected for the lifetime of the author or creator and for a period of 50 years after his or her death.
    Money - any circulating medium of exchange, including coins, paper money, and demand deposits.
    Salary - a fixed compensation periodically paid to a person for regular work or services.
    Buy - to acquire the possession of, or the right to, by paying or promising to pay an equivalent, esp. in money; purchase.
    Piracy - the unauthorized reproduction or use of a copyrighted book, recording, television program, patented invention, trademarked product, etc.: The record industry is beset with piracy.