1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Torrent file sharing via emule

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Sinbiner, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Sinbiner

Sinbiner Member

Ok, as I understand it, a torrent file needs a tracking website included or it wont hook everyone up.

Now, the websites that are Hosting the torrent files are being shutdown very fast now, Im wondering if there is another way of sharing the torrents files, say through emule.

Ok, we create a torrent file and add a tracking website address that is still alive.

What im trying to do is,

[bold]Step 1[/bold]
    create a torrent file, use a Living tracking site address.

[bold]Step 2[/bold]
    use emule to ONLY share torrent files, NOTHING else so you dont get hit for heaps of downloads.

[bold]Step 3[/bold]
    someone downloads the torrent and shares it using emule. ( if there is 500 sharing this torrent file on emule, its prolly a good version of whatever it is )

step 4
    Open up your new torrent file and begin downloading.

What I need to know is, if the website is hosting the tracking side and NOT hosting torrent files, can this website get in trouble? I have seen a Cease and Desist order for making Torrent files available, but nothing on the tracking side.

Worth a try or no?

2. yugioh2me

yugioh2me Regular member

i dont get it....

3. Sinbiner

Sinbiner Member

sorry, but, u need to have had experience making a torrent file, the little file those banned websites have been letting you download.

That website you downloaded the torrent file has a web tracking address inside the torrent file.

as i understand it each torrent file needs this web address so the bit torrent programs can find all the other users that have that same program.

I hope there is someone out there that can help me out here and understand me what im trying to say here..