1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

torrent files won't complete download

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by shibbyy05, Mar 16, 2007.

1. shibbyy05

shibbyy05 Member

Hey everyone

Lately the torrent files that I have been downloading will download completely fine until it gets to 99.9 percent. After it gets to this point it will somehow erase some of the data and return back to 99.8 percent and continue this process and never complete. Any reason that this is happening??

Thanks in advance :)

2. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Try resetting your modem, and reset your router if you have one, and your torrent client.
    If this is on a private site and there's just 1 seeder, ask him/her to do the same.

3. shibbyy05

shibbyy05 Member

didn't seem to work...

The torrent was about 1 sec from being complete and then it reset itself back to 99.88%

lol this is pretty frustrating...any other ideas? I'm using Shareaza for my torrents

4. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Aaahm well there's your problem.
    Get a proper torrent client, redownload your torrent, then point it to where shareaza saved the files, and presto, you continue where you left off.
    Also, read THIS THREAD before doing anything else. *yes, ALL OF IT that has to do with torrents*

5. shibbyy05

shibbyy05 Member

Yep, that was the problem! I ended up downloading uTorrent and the files downloaded fine. I had to redownload all my torrents though because it seems that shareaza saves thier incomplete files differently then other torrent programs.

Which brings me to my next question. How do I move incomplete torrent files to other programs such as azureus? I'm asking because I downloaded Tourist Trophy and Resident evil 4 and when I extract the iso, I receive a crc failed the file is corrupt error. I did some research and they recommended a few things, and one was to point the file to a different torrent program and see if the file really is at 100% completion. Any help on how to do this?

Thanks again!

6. shibbyy05

shibbyy05 Member

nevermind, I found my solution after reading a post that was sent recently. It looks like my problem was infact an incomplete download. In uTorrent it says the file is 100% complete but in azureus it says 99.8%. No clue why that happened but looks like i'm not using uTorrent anymore :)

7. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

That's usually caused by a hash error, so it's not Āµtorrent's fault.