1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

torrent help please

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by mattf, Mar 29, 2005.

1. mattf

mattf Member

right im using bit tornado to download torrents. my connection is fine ive changed the settings to 6881 6899 changed my firewall to allow port 6681 am i right in doin this i read somewhere but im still getting slow speeds does anybody no what to do cause im thick lol im using 2meg ntl surely i should be hitting the sound barrier please help

2. bmusgrave

bmusgrave Member

sometimes torrents are just slow. it depends on the connection of the others you are getting it from too. I haven't made any adjustments to my settings and I regularly reach speeds of 600kb/s download, but sometimes I get files that only reach 60kb/s. I have a 4.0 megabyte line, but all that does is allow me to reach these speeds on multiple downloads at the same. every once and a while it is a good idea to unplug your cable/dsl modem for a few seconds and plug it back in. My friend has dsl (1,300kb/s) and he reaches these speeds too, he just can't open as many files as I can at once. Go to www.dslreports.com and run whatever speed tests and tune up programs you need. Odds are your slow speeds are in a "Windows" setting, not "Bit Tornado".

3. mattf

mattf Member

thanks mate for the info just anoys ya a bit when every 1 else gets fast speeds lol im getting 1 down at the mo it says 13 kb 627.11mib u say might be windows can u help me mate?