1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

torrent help

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by z3rocool, Nov 7, 2004.

1. z3rocool

z3rocool Guest

i have a problem with downloading from torrent apps, i have tried many and they all d/l at about 3kbps no matter what time or day it is.
    i was told to go into my router and able port forwarding, but i have no idea of how to do it my router is a D-Link DSL-504G i think 3kbps is a bit lame since i have a 1.5Mbps Adsl connection, if i could get any help id really appreciate it, thanks

2. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

3. z3rocool

z3rocool Guest

thanks for that toiletman, except that my router isnt listed there, it says contact customer support, i was hoping someone here could help me or has had done it before with the same modem.
    Thanks bloke

4. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Well... basically all modems are roughly the same for Port Forwarding, so I would just follow the guides and it should be pretty straight forward!

5. z3rocool

z3rocool Guest

Yeah normally that would be the case, but the modems are intirelly different, but it matters no more and i am now downloading from azereus at around 50kbps but still i think it could go faster i just dont know the settings i have to have for azereus? if you know anything bout that it would be great!

6. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Well, for starters:-

1. What is your advertised connection speed?

2. What kbs are your upload and download speeds set at?

3. Do you get a green smiley and when you start up Azureus, do you get the three boxes on the bottom right hand corner?

7. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Wrong forum. Thread moved.