1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

torrent help!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by lockedup, Oct 9, 2007.

1. lockedup

lockedup Member

ok, i need help, can someone pm me and telll me what torrent is?
    how do i get it? what i'll need? basically i'm trying to understand what torrent is all about and how i can get in the network. free psp games, music apps etc. this would be a huge help to me if someone could take the time to explain it to me my email is hardtimer@sbcglobal.net
    this newbie needs a step by step, baby steps lol thanks out there

2. Rav3

Rav3 Regular member

Well I'd say you've posted in the wrong forum, but since there's PSP mentioned once in there, I'll help you :)

Go to this website and make a free account (VERY quick and easy,you do NOT need to do anything else such as surveys!). This website has ALL (if not, most, like 99%) of PSP games available for DIRECT DOWNLOAD!(from a file host e.g. MU)

Torrenting:

It all begins with a person who has a full copy of a file. This user may choose to make a torrent out of it. So, they find a tracker (a bot which keeps track of everyone downloading that particular file) and create a bit torrent file.

The bittorent file is a small file containing information for your bittorent CLIENT(a program used to download files through use of bittorent files and torrenting). Once opened by the CLIENT, the client uses information stored in the bittorent file to start the download (connecting to the tracker which redirects the connection to all peers downloading).

The download starts off slow, with only the original uploader (called a seeder as this person is not downloading the file) and 1 other person downloading it (called a peer if they are downloading and uploading, and called a leecher if they are only downloading and giving nothing back, thus defeating the purpose of torrenting). But once more users find the bittorrent files and use their client to download the file, they connect to the SWARM (a group of peers all downloading the same bittorrent file). The tracker is @ the centre of the connection, keeping all peers linked together.

Each user downloads a different part of the file, and uploads the parts which they download to other users, who in turn do the same thing. This is the process of torrenting. A little give, and a little take.

3. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

i went to properties to your link and saw a site name that can download games.PROHIBITED.you're not allowed to give links to download games.i suggest you take links to a site to download illegal stuff off.