1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

torrent helpp pppppppppplease

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by nydaddy04, Mar 5, 2005.

1. nydaddy04

nydaddy04 Member

HEllo. I have a Westell 2100 dsl modem. i tested my connection on www.dslreports.com and it tells me dat my internet has a speed of 675 / 125 kbps with a 90.4 kb/sec . Wen i try and download stuff from bittorent or bitlord, speeds rarely go over 11 kb/sec. I knoe people that have slower internet speeds then me and download things up to 5 tmes faster then me. CAn anyone please help me on how to make my torrent downloads faster.

thanks

2. 3615075

3615075 Member

let me know what bit torrent program you are using to download them and i will give you some advice

3. nydaddy04

nydaddy04 Member

i am using bittorent and bit lord, i get the same results in both

4. 3615075

3615075 Member

try getting azureus then tell me are you in any chat rooms cause if you were i could takl to you better

5. 3615075

3615075 Member

try getting azureus then tell me are you in any chat rooms cause if you were i could takl to you better

6. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

How fast a torrent comes through depends on a # of things. How many seeds there are on that torrent is one. Also your download speed is proportinate to your upload speed. Also in many cases you just need to wait. Just wait, it'll speed up after a bit. And don't forget, #1 most important thing, seed back at least what you download. Then you'll be good human being. :)

7. gatemaker

gatemaker Member

I tried all the usual stuff to speed up d/loads (firewall issues,opening ports,changing torrent progs etc),none of it worked.
    Then i got an anti spyware prog (adaware se - it's free) and my speeds shot from about 3kB/s to around 50kB/s.
    It may be worth a try,
    Good luck.