1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Torrent problems (still)

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by hiafex, Feb 12, 2007.

1. hiafex

hiafex Member

I have a feeling that the torrent files that I am trying to download are causing my internet connection to die. When I start a torrent application, (uTorrent, Bitcomet, or Azureus) they all disable my internet connection from working correctly and show that my computer is unable to connect to any trackers because the connection has timed out. The torrents don't even start to download but they stop my internet connection. I have my ports forwarded and I have UPnP enabled on my router (I've also tried disabling UPnP). Please help, I have no idea what else to do. Does anyone else have Windows Vista and is this a problem for them?

2. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

I have actually read a few threads in the forums about users having problems using BitTorrent in Vista. Sorry I can't give you more but your not the only one with the problem and the common denominator seems to be Windows Vista.

3. hiafex

hiafex Member

Yeah, it sucks big time because I was trying to install XP on my system so that I could run dual operating systems and it's giving me an error 0X0000008E which is basically telling me that the RAM installed in my computer is not compatible with XP. Why would they make RAM that is only compatible with Vista?!

4. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Are you sure thats what that error code means? I don't know were to check the code meanings but could it possibly mean that the RAM is corrupted? I'd try installing with only 1 stick installed and see if it works. If not try the same thing but switch the sticks of RAM.

5. hiafex

hiafex Member

It gives me a 0x0000008E error message which I looked up on the internet and everywhere it means the same thing, that the RAM is incompatible with XP...

6. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

That sucks, well I'm at wits end as to what to do, good luck with fixing this stuff.

7. hiafex

hiafex Member

I've already given up all hope. I wouldn't suggest Vista to anyone unless they enjoy the pain only migraines can give.