1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Torrent tutorial please?

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by xithius, Jun 19, 2007.

1. xithius

xithius Member

Well, I'm interested in starting to use torrents and such.
    I've actually completed two movies so far using Azureus. But I really don't know what to do with them now. I am also curious to whether Utorrent or bitTorrent is better than Azu.
    Im mainly going to be downloading Wii games and Pc games, so if anyone can give me a guide/tut on it, it would be greatly appreciated.
    So far I know how to get it downloading and to leave it to seed or something after it's dl'd.
    But I really need a uhh..detailed guide on what to do specifically and what to do after It's downloaded to play the games and such.
    Any tips+help would be greatly appreciated. ty :D

2. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

use utorrent, it is way better than azureus. and to use the files you downloaded most of the time you just need to unrar and burn to disc or play. you will need winrar to extract the files. then just double click on the file and select extract to. if its a movie it is probably just in .avi format. download divx codec and then you can play the movie.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2007
  3. xithius

xithius Member

Utorrent is better because..it's faster and takes up less space or what?
    But anyways, I read something about cracking the game after its done downloading before you install or something. But the crack is in the .nfo Or readme so that cant be too hard if its tells you what to do.

4. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

utorrent is light on resources and is more customizable with internet connections. we arnt supposed to talk about cracks so all i am going to say is do a google search.

5. xithius

xithius Member

Alright well cool, thanks.

6. xithius

xithius Member

Right now Im downloading Titan Quest, and it's at 95.6% but it stopped downloading? Right now its only upping, and that speed is hovering around 40kb/s. But the download speed is 0.0 and its in like..orange/yellow color. Whats this mean?

7. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

it means that at the moment no one else is uploading to you. so you have to wait for more seeders until you can continue to download. so just be patient and wait.

8. xithius

xithius Member

Oh ok I got it..
    Another problem, theres two little colored circles down at the bottom. One is Ratio, and its yellow. The one to the right of it says firewalled and it's red. When I hover over the Ratio one it says " Share Ratio 0.884 poor: < 0.9. And when I hover over the red circle it says " Firewall/NAT (TCP) reachability problem. Refer to the Wiki for help.
    And for some reason, all the smileys by my downloads are always yellow with that crook smile thing..like this - :\.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2007
  9. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

in the p2p section there is a sticky that talks about port forwarding and nat. you should read that.

10. xithius

xithius Member

Alright cool thanks.
    Sounds good to me :3