1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

torrentreactor.to = worm

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by buraku, Dec 27, 2004.

1. buraku

buraku Member

has anyone noticed yet that performong a search on the torrentreactor.to site installs the active x spyware admilliserv.exe? screw this site and don't go there.

2. Wagz

Wagz Regular member

I do searches all the time at torrentreactor and just did a search for the spyware and it wasn't on my computer, so I don't know why you got the spyware. The torrentreactor did say that it was rescently hacked however.

3. buraku

buraku Member

i'm not sure either, but if i increase the security level in IE i dont have a problem, its only when the security level is low and i click on search on the TR page will i get a couple of consecutive clicks, then i look in my cookies and there it is. i then open task manager and the admilliserv.exe applet is running. i have to exit IE, terminate the spyware process tree through task manager, go into program files and delete admilliserv, then clean out my cookies and temp files before logging back on. i definitely know its coming from this site though, so if i choose to visit again, i have to disable active x and choose not to recieve cookies. its just not worth it.

4. Wagz

Wagz Regular member

ah, I use firefox, so that could be it.

5. vertigo17

vertigo17 Member

I use TorrentReactor and never have any spyware - knock on wood. I use Opera. It's alot more secure than Internet Explorer. I also use ZoneAlarm SecuritySuite. Check them out. Haven't gotten spyware for over a year now.

6. buraku

buraku Member

here's what you can do then if you want. go to torrentreactor on a machine with IE and xp and wait a few seconds, then boom, the active x control bar will appear at the top warning you that certain active x content must be installed to view site correctly or something like that. if your security is set too low you'll never get the warning and the spyware will be installed automatically. i think this is shitty and has more in common with shady hacker/wares sites that most torrent sites i've been to. it's just a sorry way to run a website, especially since a lot of torrent sites are more like communities with forums and everything to some people than just average websites.

7. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

thanxs for the heads up I never heard of that before