1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Torrents still arn't that fast

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by peteman1, Feb 5, 2007.

1. peteman1

peteman1 Member

Hey i am using bit lord, before i start is there a particular torrent program that is faster than every other??
    I have done the port forwarding an static ip, But still am only getting 20/30 kbps on most torrents there is the odd 1 wer it goes up to 100 or so, but this is pretty rare i always dwnload torrents withalot of seeds i am currently on a 2 mbps line. Is there anything i can do or is it just normal?

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

First, get rid of BitLord, it's banned on private sites, has malware and I have seen multiple threads of it causing problems. My personal recommendation would be utorrent but one isn't any better than another, just suits you and your computer better. utorrent supports Protocol Encryption, try it: options>preferences>bittorrent and enable Protocol Encryption and incoming legacy connections. Also, at options>preferences>connection disable UPnP port mapping and use a port over 10,000.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  3. ps3rocks

ps3rocks Member

well, i haven't tried utorrent as yet but Azureus is good for connections and goes fast sometimes(depending on your seeds to peers percent). Mostly if your doing smaller and more popular torrents its way faster then say ps2 torrents cause there way to many leachers. Also try Bittorent, if you get a good connection with it it's pretty fast.