1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Torrents

Discussion in 'PS2' started by gtr2005, Mar 28, 2005.

1. gtr2005

gtr2005 Member

Hey guys I used to be into cracking and stuff a few years back, I was an admin on a board called the EWB. back then downloads and things like that were all done via FTP. In the past year or two tho I sorta lost track of the goings on and recently i've started getting back into it. however, i've noticed FTP is basically gone and these torrent things now seem the new way. so can any1 provide a short tutorial or explanation on how these work? olso, keeping within the forum rules of course, provide info on were i could find them? i've had a look through a few forums but all i can find is patchy info. thanks in advance!

2. steimy

steimy Active member

sorry, the patchy info is due to the fact that it is illegal. Unless of course you own the original, then i think it is ok. That's why no one can really say much, but if you do a search of the word torrent i figure you'll find plenty of stuff.

3. Caboman

Caboman Member

4. gtr2005

gtr2005 Member

cheers guys i understand the legalitees but one last question... wats the reliabilty like of them?

5. ps2source

ps2source Regular member

very reliable i use bittorrent for my redhat linux iso's and i always peak at the max of my connection (15mbit)

6. gtr2005

gtr2005 Member

cheers guys i've got the hang of it now, but i'm havin problems. when ever i start a torrent downloading after a while and with no warning my system just restarts i've tried a few different clients but i get the same problem. It dosens't happen with other P2P tho like DC++ or Warez... any ideas?