1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-C2612

Discussion in 'DVD-ROM drives' started by Budz, Aug 26, 2004.

1. iroteaser

iroteaser Member

hey ddp thats the only thing i havent tried so far and thats certainly should help but why is that the pirated cd's dont work and or any dvd which is copied? orginal i dont have any problem! damm hate it :( i am still trying to find out the answer.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

have you ever had a burnt cd that couldn't be read by a cdrom but could by a cd burner its the same problem with dvds. whats the difference between cd/dvdroms & cd/dvd burners its to do with the read/writehead. when you do a burn try that disk on a regular drive to see if you can see info. another possiblilty of not seeing copied disk is that they were burnt at a too high of a speed so if you slow down the speed the laser burns deeper so that a regular drive has a better chance of reading info off disc

3. iroteaser

iroteaser Member

hey if that message was for me i am sorry to have u in misconception i dont have a dvd burner or cd writer. its just a reader not a burner :( .. the only option left is try a lens cleaner. i hope that works. any other suggestions????

Thanks

4. ddp

i know you don't have burner & lets see what happens with lens cleaner

5. rjvazguz

rjvazguz Member

Hi there, I have a sd-c2612 sleeve module from a HP laptop, now I want to use it in my IBM thinkpad R51 thru Paralell port cable. is it possible?, How can i do this?

6. ddp

that sleeve module i presume fits inside the hp, how are you going to use a parallel cable than on ibm

7. DiscDr

DiscDr Member

Thank you Budz, After hours of trying to figure this one out your answer was wright on the nose. This is not a burner!!!!!!! Why would dell sell a laptop with no backup drives. Why is this called a storage device!!!!!!

8. rjvazguz

rjvazguz Member

9. caculo

caculo Guest

Don't know it it helps but I had the same problem with my SD-C2612 (mounted on a HP OB Xe4100). Didn't read cd's or dvd's. The original firmware was 1911. So I tried to change it to X911 ( http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=243). Nothing happened and it was impossible to flash it back to 1911. So I flash it to 1A25, and is working great!!!!

10. caculo

caculo Guest

11. chandz

chandz Member

Hi i am having the same problems with my dvd\cdrom drive, and i have done the listed solutions and still it will not read burnt cds for some reason. All other cds work, dvd ect. Just not anything I burn.

12. ddp

are discs finalized???

13. chandz

chandz Member

yes, i use nero 6 ultra edition and i tick the box to finalized after burning.