1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba RDXS32 Recorder problems

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by paul1950, Dec 31, 2004.

1. paul1950

paul1950 Member

Can anyone help with this problem.....I have a Toshiba RDSX32 DVD Recorder. When I play a backedup DVD, that probably has a reading error on it from backup, I get a message that says Check the disk...It maybe physically damaged or need cleaning. Cleaning does not help. What is so frustrating is that the same disk will play in my cheap $80 Toshiba that I have in the bedroom. I have a service contract on the Recorder. Will taking it in for service help? This problem does not happen all the time just certain times.

2. hazcrew

hazcrew Member

DVD writers arte more sensitive to dirt etc, they generally use a lower power laser than cheaper units.
    I've got the same unit and found it doesn't play normal pc dvd-r's (or RW's) that well I use only 2x video dvd-rw and video DVD-r's with have no problem.

3. paul1950

paul1950 Member

Thanks hazcrew, I only use memorex DVD-R 4X. Like I said sometimes I have a problem but most of the time I don't. I just wondered if another brand would have the same problem??? Like Sony????