1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba s703, sd-r6012, Dvdshrink 3.0 beta, nero burn fails

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by bheeku, Nov 15, 2003.

1. bheeku

bheeku Member

Hi All,

I have this weird problem for the past few weeks. Here is my configuration when I burn DVDs:
    Toshiba laptop: 5205-s703
    DVD Burner: sd-r6012
    Nero: 5.5.10.20
    DVD-R: Fuji Film 1x
    DVD Shrink 3.0 Beta 5

I backup the DVD using DVD shrink and burn using Nero. Burning fails in the middle. I wasted almost 10 DVDs. This works every other time. Among 50 DVDs, I lost almost 10 DVDs.

Is this a problem with Fuji DVDs or with Nero?

Appreciate if you can share your experience.

Thanks,

2. koola

koola Guest

Make sure you have up-to-date ASPI drivers, Firmware and software. Your media choice is quality which is unlikely to cause coasters.

3. bheeku

bheeku Member

Thanks for replying.

How do I update Firmware updates? Can you please tell me where I could find them.

Thanks!

4. koola

koola Guest

What make of DVD Writer do you have?

5. bheeku

bheeku Member

Hi,

This is a Toshiba laptop 5205-s703, with a Toshiba DVD-R/-RW dvd burner SD-R6012.
    And, I am running Win XP Professional.

Please let me know if you need more info.
    Thanks!

6. koola

koola Guest

Your problem's due to the amount of memory you have in your laptop. You should at least have 512MB DDR. The problem which you get when their is not alot of memory is Buffer-under-runs.

Buffer-under-run happens when you don't have enough memory and the data bottlenecks. This explains why it only happens some times and not all of the time.

You should shut all background programs down and try and free up as much memory as you can.

Good luck mate :D

7. bheeku

bheeku Member

Hi,

This laptop has 768MB ram and I also made sure there are no programs running in the background. I have tried different options.

Do I need to try anything else.
    Thanks again!

8. koola

koola Guest

I don't think there is bheeku. It must just be the differences in the media you use.

9. ls3mach

ls3mach Member

Hi,
    I have a Toshiba Laptop also. 2455-S305. I have been having a similar problem with the new beta version, and very rarely with the older version of Shrink. I thought it was because I was doing something else, or shook the laptop to much. Well I figured out both of these thing can cause it to happen. So I stopped doing both. It still happened occasionaly. Long story short. Get rid of Nero. I am now using Stomp Record Now Max to make my DVDs. This works great. Still cant move the laptop or do too much else, but nomore coasters.

Hope this helps
    Lonzo