1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba Satellite A-25 doesn't recognize DVD-R

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by nyj4mes, Dec 13, 2003.

1. nyj4mes

nyj4mes Member

I have a DVD burner that came with my system that I bought over the summer. However, when none of the programs I've tried (Nero, Roxio, Drag-n-Drop) nor Windows have recognized a blank dvd after I have inserted it. If anyone knows how I can fix this it would be greatly appreciated.

2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Chances are that the software you have does not recognise your burner.....

Drag n drop within windows is only applicable to cd's and not dvd's I think......

You will need to obtain latest updates for the software that you are using to see if they support your writer....

I use XP and when I insert a blank dvd - it recognises it as a cd (within windows)
    due to the fact that the support is not there, but this does not cause me a problem as I do not wish to do anything within windows with the blank....this is taken care of by the software used for writing to it....if I used the DLA function of Recordnow then it would and then I could drag n drop like a HD/floppy etc...

Just one possibility.....there maybe others aswell