1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba SDR-5002

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kjj, Apr 18, 2003.

1. kjj

kjj Guest

I have a DVD-Rom and a DVD-RW on my computer. The DVD-RW drive reads as a CD Player when there is a disc in. When the disc is out the icon reads DVD-R drive, but the computer is still reading it as a CD player. So it looks like I have 2 CD players on my computer. And of course when I try to burn something, it doesn't. I get a message saying something like not a recordable disk. Help!

2. pniceman

pniceman Member

Hi i read your problem and it sounds like something i had trouble with 1st of all your computer will read a dvd burner as a cd player don;t worry about that 2nd what kind of software are you using because you may have to switch from cdr to dvd-r to burn dvd's and of course you have to be using dvd-r & dvd-rw disks

3. kjj

kjj Guest

Thanks for responding. I'm currently running Roxio 5.0. When I do try to copy a dvd it says there isn't a compatible device. I have the dvd-r, but it doesn't work. I can copy cd-r's though.