1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba Stand Alonr DVD players

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by grunt123, Dec 4, 2004.

1. grunt123

grunt123 Member

I ripped a DVD-R with DVDShrink/Nero Burn. No problem viewing it on my PC or Cyberhome DVD player but my Toshiba SD-2008 won't play it. I keep getting "Please check disk". I also tried another disk that someone else burnt for me . Same results. Is there some kind of firmware change that needs to be made to the Toshiba? I went thru all my menu options on the Toshiba to see if that was possibly causing the problem. No Luck.

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

hey grunt123,compatability problems between pc burns and stand alones playing them are pretty common. There are several things you can try before firmware update:1)use a high quality media,just the differences between quality of media is highly reflected by stand alones and is usually the culprit. 2)The burn speed,try to slow down your burn speed.3)if you have a dual format dvd burner then try the opposite format.4)quality burner. Every burner and standalone player have a variance between the lasers.From what I have had trouble with on stand alone playing is usually the media. That took care of the majority of my friends and family watching my backups.I had 1 stand alone that would not recognize my pc khypermedia but would on my home stand alone dvd recorder.I found a good buy on a benq 1610 and that took care of that issue.I couldn't find the specs on the toshiba sd-2008,but i did see one for sale on ebay.The owner said it would not play dvd/r/rw.Try the media change to Maxell and see if this helps out.Good luck