1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Total 360 newb question

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by nhlman72, May 8, 2007.

1. nhlman72

nhlman72 Member

Ok, I have read a lot of stuff on these threads, and basically would like to know the easiest, most future-proof, method of backing up your 360 games for a noob like myself. I basically want to do what I have to do to the 360 (flashing or a chip) only once, and only have to worry about burning my backups from there on. I'm not really an Xbox live person anyway, so I could do without that if I had to. Do I need a chip or is it just a flash of the DVD drive?, do I have to add the Kreon drive to back up if I don't want to do the SATA, or swap stuff?

Any and all help will be appreciated.

2. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

3. bogbogman

bogbogman Member

hi,
    i am thinking of buying an xbox 360 and am wondering whether
    to buy a pre-modded one from hong kong or not.
    would a pre-modded one play games from all regions?

4. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

A premodded xbox360 will play only games that are of the same region as the console and region free games.

5. mufaa

mufaa Regular member

I wouldn't recommend. You said Hong Kong and that means NTSC-J. I had NTSC-J and it was really annoying when so many good games were region locked for PAL or NTSC-U. My console wouldn't play them because it was not of the same region. I had to rely on region free games only. This could also mean future awesome games such as Halo 3, Bioshock, Assasin Creed, Mass effect could be region locked! So unless you stay in Hong Kong and don't plan to mod your system then go for it.

Otherwise buy a NTSC-U or PAL (preferably one with a Samsung drive, flashing is easier with it), mod it yourself and be happy!