1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Total corruption of second layer

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by rcarp89, Sep 16, 2012.

1. rcarp89

rcarp89 Member

Hi guys,

I would like to start off by saying I am very new to this, so please be patient with me. I have searched for a long time to find all of the details I need, after finally burning my first backup I put it into my drive, the game loaded up on the dash only to say it was unreadable when I tried to launch. After trying to verify I found that the entire second layer of the disk was totally corrupt with constant errors. Thinking this was a one off I tried a second disk only to be left with a second coaster with the exact same problem.

I am aware that liteOn drives are the best for this and that verbs are the best disk to use. However funds currently do not allow for this.

My setup is as follows:

Burner: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H10N updated to the latest firmware - An LG DL burner
    Disks: Aone PLUS+DVD+R DL 8x (burned at 2.4x)
    Software: abgx360 (fully verified many times)

imgburn (following the latest guide http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f...ning_xgd3_games_with_imgburn_2_5_6_0-912244/)

Game: Darksiders (an xgd2 game as far as I am aware) fully patched using abgx360.

Xbox Drive: BenQ flashed to LTPlus-0442-v3.0

The disks are getting CRC errors even when placed in the original burner and checked using both imgburn and abgx360.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Edit: Just tried another burn - I set book type to my drive and DVD-ROM, also at a 4x speed. The disk this time at least loads up into Darksiders however will not install to the hard drive past 18%. I'm thinking this is at least a step in the right direction.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  2. coorva

coorva Regular member

You need the burner max for any of the new gsmes,that way will not work anymore

3. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

And that answer was totally useless, for Darksiders you don't. Darksiders 2 on the other hand would be a different story.
    The main problem here should be the crappy media.

4. gnoby

gnoby Regular member

the discs need to be verbatim. don't listen to anyone who says otherwise.

anyone getting good backups with other discs are using magical unicorn burners created by little elves during the night while the burner maker was sleeping.

5. rcarp89

rcarp89 Member

Thanks for the replies. I suspected as much, I will try to find somewhere to buy a small amount of Verb disks to check with my burner and if there's still an issues I guess I'll have to shell out the £30 for an iHas. Any ideas on where might be the best to purchase one as ebay seems sketchy and most of the time sellers tend to be USA based meaning my shipping costs are huge.

6. coorva

coorva Regular member