1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Total n00b question about Image and CCD files

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by J8son, Apr 26, 2005.

1. J8son

J8son Member

I downloaded a game that was titled (CCD) and contained three files. Two are IMG files and the third is a .SUB file. I have Alcohol 120%. Anyone know how I would burn those onto a CD-R using this app so I can install the game?

Thanks,
    J8son

2. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

ccd....... I believe that's a clone cd file if I'm not mistaken. You should be able to burn it with clone cd.

3. J8son

J8son Member

I was under the impression that Alcohol 120% could burn all formats that Clone CD could?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2005
  4. J8son

J8son Member

So If I get a copy of Clone CD, what then? I've never burned a game like this before. Should I burn all three files onto the same disc? Is it possible to use Alcohol 120% for this?

5. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

I highly reccomend Alcohol 120%. It burns most popular Image formats INCLUDING your clone Cd files. .IMG .CCD .SUB

;)

-Mike

6. J8son

J8son Member

Great! Only problem. How? I opened Alcohol 120% but it did not find the files. Is there a tut for this kind of thing I could take a look at?

7. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Open Alcohol 120%
    Click [bold] IMAGE BURNING WIZARD [/bold]
    Choose [bold] BROWSE [/bold]
    Alcohol should list on [bold] ONE [/bold] of your downloaded files. Double click it, then click next.
    At the bottom left-hand corner, click the drop down box and choose [bold] Playstation (Or Playstation Two if it is a PS2 game) [/bold].
    Now, choose your burning speed, then insert the correct media, then click start/ok.

[I Highly reccomend you use High-Quality media if it is a PS2 game, such as Ritek G04, and burn at a slow yet supported speed.] ;)

-Mike

8. J8son

J8son Member

When I browse to the directory it does not list any of the files. When I choose "Show All Files" in the drop down menu I can select one of the files but the wizard says that it is an unrecognized file format.

This doesn't make sense to me since these are IMG files and the original zip file was titled (CCD). One of the files has a .sub extension.

Any thoughts?

9. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Try Using CloneCD

-Mike