1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

total newbie-how to rip a dvd to mpeg or avi

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by slss, Feb 16, 2008.

1. slss

slss Member

Hi guys, it may be a really lame question but i have searched the net for quaite a while and there is no clear-cut way of explaining how to convert a dvd movie to an avi or mpeg. could someone please point me in the right direction or explain to me in laymans terms what i need and how to use it, as i have tried a few different ways but they only convert to iso. files or something other than avi and mpeg.

sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forum but it seemed the most approriate.

thanks in advance

simon

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

3. slss

slss Member

hi and thanks.

i have tried auto GK before but am a little hesitant to use it because after installing it the first time i had the blue screen of death problem. Luckily it was a one month old computer and i had it replaced but i am still worried to try it again. i am running a 32 bit Vista Ultimate OS. has anybody else had this experience?

is there another program i could use aside from AuotGK? I have tried dvd shrink with Fairuse but the picture is really small.

thanks

4. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

5. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

@ slss
    If you have input files already in ISO format, then you can just simply add them in Fairuse Wizard.
    You can download it here . A step by step guide can be found here.
    Additionally, Fairuse Wizard is 100% compatible with Vista. You don't have to worry about BSOD.