1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Total Newbie PSP Slim+Fat Pandora's Battery creator

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by lorddarkp, Nov 12, 2007.

1. lorddarkp

lorddarkp Guest

Copied from Juliandil of the PSP Slim Hacks Forum

Note(from lorddarkp):-I take no credit for this guide as I have not made it, if you want, say thanks to him(Juliandil) for making it and thanks to me for copying it to AD!!:) And also, memory sticks have been mentioned as memory cards. Please ignore that

*READ ALL OF THIS TUTORIAL AND WATCH VIDEO BEFORE COMMENCING*

*****Note*****
    HERE IS THE VIDEO OF THIS TUTORIAL, USE IT WITH THIS TEXT TUTORIAL!

THE PANDORA MEMORYSTICK MAKER DOES NO WORK WITH WINDOWS VISTA CORRECTLY SOMETIMES. TRY TO USE AN XP PC :D

YouTube Link

Here I come!!!

I've tested this on 1 psp slim with official 3.60 and 2 psps with offical 3.71, both successful.
    Takes me 15 minutes to do all 3 :D

*READ ALL OF THIS TUTORIAL BEFORE COMMENCING*

DISCLAIMER:
    I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGETHIS GUIDE MIGHT DO TO YOUR PSP, BATTERY, MEMORY STICK, PC OR YOUR CAT.
    THIS GUIDE WAS TESTED TO BE PERFECTLY WORKING ON THE EQUIPMENT STATED IN THE GUIDE.
    I ALSO TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY INCORRECT INFORMATION THAT MIGHT BE IN THIS GUIDE.
    YOU ARE ALLOWED TO COPY THIS GUIDE WHILE INCLUDING THIS DISCLAIMER AND PROPER CREDITS.
    IN OTHER WORDS, USE THIS GUIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK, BUT, ENJOY

Things you will need:
    -Organized Clean Work Space( its easier to work around)
    -USB Cord
    -Psp Fat homebrew enabled/custom firmware running
    -Memory card pro duo(no less than 512mb, i used a 1 gig)
    -Psp Fat Battery( I recommend that your battery is FULLY CHARGED)
    -Wall Charger

*DO NOT USE A PSP SLIM BATTERY TO MAKE A PANDORA'S BATTERY. ITLL DIE!"

Instructions:

1) Download Spikerosoft/MrDude's Universal Unbricker/Easy Installer : http://rapidshare.com/files/62997201/Pandora___Universal_Downgrader_Easy_Installer.rar.html

MIRROR

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7QQOWPRR
    2) Unzip, the folder to your desktop for easy access.

3) Plug your homebrew enabled/custom firmware running Fat PSP into your computer using the USB cord. *Make sure you have a memory card with nothing valuable on it, if so i reccomend backing it up, you can do this by going into usb mode on your PSP while it is plugged into your computer, opening the drive e.g " Removable drive [F]", and copy and pasting the files inside it to your desktop.*

4) Again, make sure you have a Fat PSP battery and the Memory card you don't mind being formated in the fat homebrew enabled PSP.

5) In the folder you extracted previously from the link above, start the " autorun.exe" file.

6) Follow the Steps, they are very straight forward.

7) Once done, your memory card is now a " Magic Memory Card" capable of making a Pandora's battery which we will need.

8) Restart the Psp

9) Once the psp has been booted up, Go to the Game Section in the XMB(main menu), and select memory card. Their will be 3 files. Corrupted data or a blank space , Pandora's battery, and 1.5-2.0 upgrader.

10) Select Pandora's battery, once the menu has loaded, press Triangle to backup your battery. The Program will close. Start it again and press X, which will make a Pandora's Battery.

11) Now take the memory card from the Fat Homebrew enabled psp you were just using, and insert it into the Psp (fat or slim) youd like to turn to 3.71 m33-2.

12) Next Insert the Pandora's Battery, The psp will automatically Boot. Make sure the Battery is in securely, and don't toss the psp around.

13) A menu will pop up, press X to install 3.71 m33(not -2 yet). You will see a bunch of text scrolling down your screen, this is normal, If successful it will say " Installation Complete, press X"...so press X!

ALMOST THERE!

14) The psp will then shut off.( if not turn it off) Take out the Pandoras Battery. Plug the psp into the wall charger. Now Hold R(the shoulderbutton on the topright) while turning on the psp(without the battery in)

15) If successful the recovery menu will pop up, Go to Advanced. Then select " Flash 1 and reset all settings"(located at the bottom of the list). This will install 3.71 m33-2!!!(the psp will turn off when done, or itll promt you to press X i forget :D)

16) Now turn ure psp on and Voila! The begining setup menu will appear. Fill it out and press X at the end. You now have a successfully modded psp(fatorslim) with 3.71 m33-2!

17) But were not done yet, we have to return that battery back to normal. Get the Magic memory card we made, and put it in the homebrewed psp from the begging of this Tutorial. Than plug the psp into the wall charger. Turn the psp on. Once booted to the main menu, put the Pandora's battery back in.

18) Go back to where we saw the Pandora''s Battery maker ( in the game/memory card data section) and start the Pandora's battery maker again. This time, Select return battery back to normal.( i think you press Square/Box or w.e u may call it)

19. Put the Magic Memory card in the psp you wish it to be used in, and go to settings than system settings, than Format Memory Card. It will be cleared and ready for use.

HOW TO INSTALL 3.71-3 M33 ON YOUR PSP FAT/SLIM

1) Download this File:
    http://www.dark-alex.org/371m33-3.zip

2) UnRAR/UnZIP the file to your desktop.

3) Drag the UPDATE folder, to PSP/GAME/ located on your PSP memory Stick

4) Exit USB mode of your PSP, Go to Game Menu, than Go to Memory Stick, and Select 3.71 M33-3.

5) Press X, it will install a few .prx's and restart your psp in 6 seconds.

6) you can remove the Update folder from your psp if you wish.

7) play your psp!.

ENJOY!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2007
  2. keshwala

keshwala Regular member

3. lorddarkp

lorddarkp Guest

thnx, keshwala!!
    Do u think this should be stickied? as this might help out a lot of newbies out there!
    And Btw,replaced the link
    thnx again. It's my first guide (even though it's copied!!)

4. guano

guano Regular member

Things barely ever get stickied here. Good luck.

5. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

Never mind, I missed the "Format Flash 1" part

Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  6. cfultz

cfultz Regular member

MANY THANKS LORDDARKP! i got a little hooked up kept getting errors but after i installed the 1.50 subset i was gold! thanks again for the repost of this on AD!

7. wichozzz

wichozzz Regular member

lm install on psp fat (3.71)..then downgrade to 1.50
    now 3.52m33-4
    this soft ..ROCKS.!!!!
    work great , easy to install
    hope this help

8. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

I used this easy installer a little while ago, is good, thanks for link, had lost it :)

9. Juliandil

Juliandil Member

Amazing what you find when you Google your Most common user-name wouldn't you say.

This is the ACTUAL Juliandil here.

Im not very active here at Afterdawn, anyquestions you'll have to hit me up at pspslimhacks.com

Maybe ill come back here.

PEACE

10. Crixy

Crixy Member

Please Help- I am downgrading a fat PSP, after finishing step 15 (Flash 1 and reset all settings), and restarting I keep getting a blue screen http://skattertech.com/2006/01/psp-blue-screen-of-death/ like the one on this site. I tried the whole process again and it still happens any suggestions.

11. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

At that screen, did you hit O and let it reboot itself? If you did that, it should automatically come to the PSP initial setup page.

12. Chemike

Chemike Member

Please answer. When I created the memory stick and tken it out put itt in the psp Iwanted to upgrade. it automaticly turned on but the menue screen didnt pop up. whats wrong? please help ive been trying to upgrade my psp and always had problems, maybe this time I can actually do it if you help.

13. fresh48

fresh48 Guest

which program u use to create pandora

14. Chemike

Chemike Member

I followed this guide.

15. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

Try creating a Pandora that downgrades to 1.50.

16. shuby99

shuby99 Member

Great Guided Best one i found! great work guys keep up the good work!

17. Chemike

Chemike Member

The psp I want to upgrade to 3.71 M33-3 is already a 1.50

18. Chemike

Chemike Member

To be more specific I did this step

12) Next Insert the Pandora's Battery, The psp will automatically Boot. Make sure the Battery is in securely, and don't toss the psp around.

but after it boots up this dosnt happen

13) A menu will pop up,

Its just a black screen.

19. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

Plug in the PSP to the PC and go to my computer, right click on memory card and click format. Make sure FAT is selected, NOT FAT32 then repeat steps and try again

20. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

Since its already at 1.50, you could just upgrade to 3.52 M33-4 and then to 3.71 M33-3.