1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

total newbie so please be gentle

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by scarlet69, Mar 31, 2005.

1. scarlet69

scarlet69 Guest

Hi

I am totally new to this, so please be very gentle and patient with little me.

I have checked out the messages on the boards and don't appear to come across the main answers to my questions which are:

1) What is the best way to play back ups of ps2 games, ie swap magic etc (I have used swap magic before but never quite got the hang of the slide trick to open the tray and none of the games worked on it)?

2) what is the best way to back up ps2 games that will work with the minimum of fuss?

That is basically it, like I said I did try about twelve months ago but gave up very graciously as I think people were beginning to think I was quite dim as I could not get the hang of it and the games people were getting to work fine would not work for me so please be very gentle with little me.

Thanks in advance

Scarlet
    sexyscarlet69@yahoo.co.uk

2. R1chie

R1chie Member

in my view a mod chip is the best way to go on answering q.1

swap magic and so on can be quite annoying sumtimes
    and more work that just having a modchip

coz ya dont have to add fixes and patches and so on.

and dvd decrypter is the best way to back up games ive found

all ya do is put it in select iso read - copy image to sumwere on ya hdd

then iso write and put it down to a dvd-r

and put it in ya ps2 its as simple as that

3. azn_kda

azn_kda Regular member

also something like swap magic slide trick can really damage your dvd tray unless you have the flip-top cover, you'll be fine. that's what i been hearing.

like what R1chie said, modchip would be your best answer.

4. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Yep........ mod chip and dvd decrypter. Good luck.

5. clouser

clouser Guest

i have a flip top and swap magic iv never had a problem i dont have a mod chip cause i cant soulder but im happy with my thing:)

6. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

A trick I use for soldering is I grab the iron right above the tip with a pair of tweasers. That way I can hold the iron with both hands. Makes a big difference if you got nervious hands. I use a 15 watt iron and when I use a new tip before I start I'll take it and gently tighten the tip in my drill press and run a file over it to get a real fine point.

7. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest