1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

totally stuck.

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by jeepnsurf, Feb 13, 2007.

1. jeepnsurf

jeepnsurf Member

I posted this in dvd-+r and got no answer.So hopefully I,m in the right place.
    OK,When I watch an AVI from my hard-drive or transfer it to DVD scenes of the movie freeze and the next scene comes in like ghosts moving thru walls.Then the sound is out of sync.I thought it was a codec issue and downloaded KLITE but its still doing it.I use VSO AVI to dvd when watching it on the box and DivX player or WMP to watch it on the puter.I,m a Noob so be gentle.
    My DVD burner is DVD+-R/RW HLDS GWA-4164B Version 1.05.(firmware is up to date).system is Fujitsu seimens scaleo.The system also comes with TV and freeview and recently had to reboot from scratch due to a virus and that would,nt work until I downloaded nvidia decoder.(?).I also have this pinnacle
    PCTV thing.Oh and DivX codec loaded too.
    I think thats all so rip into me if anything clashes,but I will appreciate ANY advice/comments..
    I have searched and find similar(ish) problems with other users but the fix does,nt help me.

2. manicalic

manicalic Member

Sounds like broken video file. It happens when binary data inside file is corrupted.
    Go fetch some cheching software (like DivFIX) and check for errors in the file.
    If you can, get file again or resume downloading this file from torrents