1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tough time with snatch and dvd43

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by johnarb, Mar 24, 2005.

1. johnarb

johnarb Member

I have burn tons of movies using dvd43 to decrypt and then dvd shrink to shrink it to fit on a single dvd-r.

The problem is this. I put the dvd in the drive and wait for dvd43 to turn into the green smiley face saying everything is O.K. but it stays as the devil eyes and freezes up. Then it won't even eject until i shut off the external dvd drive and turn it back on.

I thought it might be a problem with dvd43 so i tried dvd decryptor but that did not work (i think because i don't know how to use it).

i also tried a different movie (Hero) to make sure it wasn't dvd43 and dvd43 worked fine.

Thanks for your help

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Could just be a problem with that disk being dirty, scratched, or damaged. Sometimes even if the disk looks good it still has faults in it that won't allow it to be read in a DVD Rom drive. You could try cleaning it really good or obtain another copy and give it a try try.

3. Hallywood

Hallywood Regular member

I hear ya bro. Man if only I could tell ya the problems I've had with Snatch. Its great, but it can be very tricky. I didn't have any trouble backin up the movie though. I used shrink and AnyDVD for that.
    I just wish it was always that easy.
    Good Luck,
    HW.

4. dumbfuker

dumbfuker Member

Man, I hear you Hally. Snatch has gotten me into more trouble than I care to think about. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother. Like you, however, AnyDVD easily took care of the movie.

DF

5. lionelj

lionelj Guest

Guys,

I'm having trouble ripping Layer Cake (Pal, Region 2). I'm using SmartRipper 2.41 and it hangs after copying about 12MB of the movie. I'm using the standard default settings. I've just upgraded to 2.41 because the previous version I had (2.32 or something) had the same problem. I've used the older version for several other DVDs with no probs...
    Any ideas?

Thanks,

LJ

6. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

problems with snatch....ummmmmm .....nahhhh too easy :))

7. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

lionelj...the latest version of dvd decrypter will handle layer cake.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2005
  8. johnarb

johnarb Member

What does anydvd do. Will it just decrypt it or will it shrink it also and burn it?

9. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

It runs in the background, decrypts protection and region settings. Does not shrink or burn.

10. seandesad

seandesad Guest

yep ah yep.. a closed mouth gathers no fist... but thanks for the laugh today I really needed it!

11. toney420

toney420 Guest

It's not only Snatch that does that with dvd43. I've had my little smiley face lock like that.I'd have to say it's dvd43 acting up on you. From what I've read and from my own experience dvd43 is screwy sometimes. Anydvd works alot better and with less problems.