1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Track gets longer in Nero

Discussion in 'Audio' started by soundmate, Apr 22, 2003.

1. soundmate

soundmate Member

I'm using Nero 5.5.10.20. When I move a mp3 file from the browser to the compilation window I have noticed that a few extra minutes have been added to the length of album, eg, 36:43 mins was the original lenght but once I moved it into Nero it became 38:04 mins.
    This has happened to me a couple of times now.

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Play the traces in Nero and check if there is some silence appended.
    Maybe the .mp3 was encoded VBR; sometimes Window Media Player does not give correct info on its length and probably 38:04 is the correct one.

If there is extra silence, then it's a problem of the mp3 decoding procedure.

(more questions on encoding/decoding must be made on AUDIO forum)

3. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

soundmate, if you happen to be using a less then legal version of Nero and using Nero's mp3 or mp3Pro plugin, Nero's adding the silence to random tracks.. I was having the same problem when I installed the mp3Pro plugin which wasnt umm exactly legally obtained.. All of a sudden I was getting silence in the ends of songs or they cut off early.. I ditched Nero's mp3 plugin and installed the Lame plugin aviable here.

4. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

5. nik99

nik99 Regular member

cdrw..the prob that joker is mentioning ..of tracks getting cut early..evn i have experinced that ..
    now u have given a list of codecs..which one do i use to sort this prob out..cause i have no other prob..BTW..my nero version 5.5.7.6..is it time to upgrade..?
    nik

6. nik99

nik99 Regular member

shd i use all or just some of the codecs

7. soundmate

soundmate Member

Although I have been burning using Nero for a while now I am new to the more advanced features, so, I am wondering what a plugin is and what it does. If there is a web site anyone could point out that explains all please let me know.

Also, nik99, If it ain't broke don't fix it. I upgraded and my system didn't like it - It kept getting errors when burning. Luckly I was able to go back to an older version which solved the problem.

8. nik99

nik99 Regular member

sorry cdr,,meant plug-ins above and was referring to them as codecs..just that iv been fiddling with video so much these days..and missing codecs ..are on my moind so much..anyway which plug-ins shd i use..

soundmate..i concur..which is the reason i dont wanna upgarde until necess..cause things are smoth now..