1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trackerbittorrent.com?

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by crumb, Mar 6, 2005.

1. crumb

crumb Member

I know this is a private tracker that makes you sign up, so I did, and that makes the tracker status "OK" in Azureus, but why do torrents from that tracker NEVER *EVER* connect to seeds? I had one thing that had 450 seeds... it reached like 97.4% which is the most the 1200 non-seeds had, but it wouldn't connect to any seeds to finish! I even let it hit far past 1.000 share ratio to no avail. I have another still sitting there for over 4 days... tracker is OK, I'm logged in at the site with my current IP, but I have 99.7% (missing less than 300 kb) and it won't connect to any of the 61 seeds since I started it like earlier this week. All my other torrents work fine, but the trackerbittorrent.com ones are doing this BS to me!

Anyone know why?

2. crumb

crumb Member

bump?

It's been another 2 days. Still has 60+ seeds, but no connection to any of them, whether local or remote.

3. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

Hi Crumb,

What client are you using?

What port/s does the client say its using?

Do you have a router?

4. crumb

crumb Member

I already noted that I am using Azureus, and I am using an arbitrary # as my client so as to avoid ISP blocked ports.

Either way, I already noted that all my other torrents work.

Anyway, I am monitoring that torrent the # of seeds is still at 61 while the # of peers grows by the day, so I assume this is a universal issue with that damn tracker... sigh...

5. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

I can see that your using Azureus....I read your post.....which version?

This does not alter the port that the client is using. If you are using the Azureus default port then this could be the cause of your problems, as it may be throttled by either your ISP or by the tracker itself. Maybe the tracker recently introduced new port ranges to their block list and, as a consequence of timing, this has stopped your DL.

So.....I ask again......what port are you using?
    Do you have a router?

Have you considered a different client, Azureus only lets you specify one port. Some client allow you to specify a range of ports and randomise selection within that range (tornado for example)

Thats as maybe....but you started this thread because this torrent does not.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2005
  6. crumb

crumb Member

Dude, you're no help at all. If I was able to establish a remote connection with every peer, it means my connection is fine. I have also stated that this problem is universal, as the # of seeds has stayed the same. Peers keeps fluctuating, but seeds is still at 61... and I was asking if anyone knew WHY.

7. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

If you cant be bothered to answer the questions, then I can't be bothered to help.

Simple !

Last edited: Mar 13, 2005