1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trading in a 60GB ps3 for a slim, would Sony do it?

Discussion in 'PS3' started by fatleon5, Jun 3, 2011.

1. fatleon5

fatleon5 Regular member

I'm interested in trading in my 60Gb for any size slim. I've had the YLOD a few times in the past and my latest ps3 will probably get it soon. Since I've had it (about 6 months) the fans have been extremely loud, even more so around this summer time. I've heard the 60gb ones getting YLOD are fairly common but never once heard of a Slim getting it and they are much much quieter.
    Do Sony offer any trade-ins or any other places in the UK that would do this?
    I've seen adverts on eBay offering trades for £99 fat ps3's for a slim 320gb but it just seem's too good to be true, not sure I'd trust doing it through eBay.

If anyone could offer any advice it would greatly appreciated.

2. Bawango

Bawango Regular member

I'd sell it if I were you. I'm not sure if you folks across the pond have Gamestop or EB Games but they just had a deal that if you were to trade in your FAT PS3, they gave you $200 credit towards a slim. In all honesty the 60GB is pretty sought after for the backwards compatibility so you may get more for it than your average FAT PS3.

3. biglo30

biglo30 Regular member

I sold my fat 60gb ps3 for $320 seems like they are still in pretty high demand once their in a good working condition. Mine was basically flawless but it was old and i never really cared for the backwards compatibility. I'm sure its days where about to be numbered as well.

4. fatleon5

fatleon5 Regular member

Yeah I could sell it, but it'd be a pain to do. I don't have a car so would have to take public transport and a bus to town takes about an hour, and I wouldn't like to carry a PS3 through the town centre. Lot's of crazy people up there, everytime I'm there I wish I had a chainsaw. Then there's the game shops either trying to sell me short, or I get the work-experience kid that doesn't know what he/she is talking about. Some shops in my town centre still sell LBP pre-owned for £25-£30 -_- when I could get it for £5 online. Absolute rip off.
    Anyway! I was hoping maybe someone new if Sony did it. When you phone up to get a PS3 replaced in the UK, they send a courier 1 or 2 days later that picks up your broken PS3 and gives you a working one right at the door. I was hoping they would offer a similar service but like a kinda trade, slim for a fat.
    I suppose I could just keep backing up saves for now until it eventually croaks and ask Sony over the phone.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  5. Memnock

Memnock Active member

Sorry stopped repaired BC models. So yes they will exchange a slim for a broken 60GB PS3 for $150. I know someone who did it, but I think it would be to be a broken PS3 and it's warranty seal must be intact.