1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transcoding and burning very fast

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by sluggity, Jan 6, 2008.

1. sluggity

sluggity Member

I have been using Nero 8 with great results but wondered if there is a faster S/W out there that I have not tried.Any suggestions?

2. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

By transcodong I assume you mean using Nero Recode program and not Nero Vision, let me know if I'm wrong. Honestly Recode is one of the best all around programs to do that job, speed vs. quality wise. Other programs like DVD-RB, a real encoder takes a lot longer, but better quality on high compression files (not a big difference for low compression). I was told that running CloneDVD with AnyDVD in the backround is very quick and has great quality, but that turned expensive as of Jan. 1. There are other programs but I'm not very familiar with their speed and usage. Heres a thread that talks about almost all of them. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/390954

3. sluggity

sluggity Member

Thanks Dead, I am using Nero Vision to burn my AVI file and it starts with transcoding then burns but a noraml movie take about an hour , but i think you correct that any faster would degrade the quality. Thanks again

4. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

Well I was talking about something different, talking about shrinking a DVD-9 to fit a DVD-5. You were talking .avi--- have you ever tried DVD Flick? Many people around AD like it. Link to home page with a guide you can download--- http://www.dvdflick.net/index.php
    EDIT: Its free

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008