1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TRANSFER FROM COMPUTER TO VCR/DVD

Discussion in 'DVD-ROM drives' started by Pattie, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Pattie

Pattie Member

Recently I made up a movie on Windows Movie Maker. I saved it on my computer and on a floppy disk. Here is my question: I want to transfer this movie to either a VHS tape (hooking up the VCR to my computer) or a DVD (hooking up a DVD to my computer). I want to be able to watch this movie that was created on Windows Movie Maker on my TV. Does anyone know how this can be done? It is so important to me. Can either a VCR or DVD be connected to my PC so that I can do as I mentioned. I am very anxious to get this answer as the movie is for a dear friends 80th birthday. Thanks!

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

All you need is a good video card that has audio and video out connectors on it. Hook the audio and video out to your VCR audio and video in, then play the clip and hit record on the VCR. Make sure the video card you purchase can output to the VCR properly. This should also work the same way to a dvd recorder. Good luck.

Jerry

3. Pattie

Pattie Member

Thanks Jerry, how much do you think this video card is? Is it hard to install on my PC? How would it be done? Thanks so much for your info.

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

A better quality card should be about $100. Most computer stores will sometimes install it for free if you buy the card from them. You need to open the case, find an empty PCI slot and push the card into the slot. Then install the software for it. Not really hard, but if you haven't been inside your computer let someone do it for you. Make sure you tell the store what you need to do with the card so you get the right one. Some video cards have no outputs like you need and are just for upgrading the computer video.

Jerry

5. Pattie

Pattie Member

Thanks again, I appreciate it. I also have a DV Video camera. If I copy it from the PC to the DV camera and then hook the camera into the TV show and tape it, can that be done? What do you think about that? Pattie

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi Pattie, Once you install the video card with the proper connections I don't see why that shouldn't work. Its just a matter of getting the video signal into or out of the computer. Getting video into a computer and making a dvd from there is a bit more complicated. But if the video is on the computer and you just want to output it to another source you just need the right connections from the video card. Good luck.

Jerry

7. Pattie

Pattie Member

Thanks Jerry, I really appreciate our help. I sure hope that it all gets together. It is so important to me and my friend who is like a second dad to me. He is going to be 80 in Nov. and I put this film together for him. I can't wait to get it done. Thanks again for your time.

8. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Glad I could help, I hope everything goes well for you and your project.

Jerry