1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer mini-dvd to dvd-r

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by cherann, Jul 14, 2007.

1. cherann

cherann Member

Hi. I have a camcorder that uses mini dvd's. The one that I am currently using is a dvd-ram. I want to transfer this to a regular dvd-+r and I have tried Nero, Dvd Shrink, Dvd Decrypter I just don't know what else to try. Can somebody help???

Thanks,

Cherann

2. cherann

cherann Member

3. cherann

cherann Member

Please is there anyone out there that can help me figure this out??

4. ford074

ford074 Member

Have you tried using Nero? Either Nero Vision or Recode would be worth a shot. How about ImgBurn? It's free and has a build mode. Just, thinking out load here.....

5. JoeRyan

JoeRyan Active member

You cannot transfer the files from a DVD-RAM disc to another disc without changing the format because DVD-RAM does not use the DVD-video format. It is a data format modified to record and play video in UDF 1.5. The only way to transfer the information is to extract it from the camcorder through a digital cable (Firewire or USB if there are ports on the camcorder) and edit it on a computer, or capture the video through an analogue connection such as a S-video connector and edit it. In the future it would be easier to use DVD-R media on such a camcorder in order to keep the files in the DVD video format.

6. cherann

cherann Member

Is there any way I can format this disc without losing any of the video? Is there a way I can put it on the harddrive and format the disc and put the video back on after it has been formated? I just realized that we have software that can with the dvd camcorder that looks like it will format the dvd-ram disc.

7. JoeRyan

JoeRyan Active member

Reformatting a DVD-RAM disc will erase the data on the disc. Before you attempt that, tell us what model Panasonic camcorder you have. It may be simpler to download the video through a digital cable if that feature is available.

8. cherann

cherann Member

It's model VDR-D220 DVD video camera

9. JoeRyan

JoeRyan Active member

The Panasonic VDR-D220 is a PAL format DVD camcorder with a USB 2.0 port on it. Use the port to transfer the video to your computer rather than try to play the disc back in a drive. DO NOT FORMAT the disc! That will erase all the video you have recorded.

As long as you can play the DVD-RAM disc in your camcorder, the video is accessible. Consult your manual about transferring the video information to editing software via the USB port. (This is generally referred to as "capturing" the video. Your camcorder has recorded the video in MPEG-2 encoding; so the software you need must be compatible with MPEG-2. Nero Vision is compatible, and that will work. In the future using DVD-R media will allow you to transfer them directly to your computer by reading from those discs once they have been finalized in the camcorder.

10. cherann

cherann Member

Thanks, alot.