1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer Mp4 To PS3

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by aespina, Sep 20, 2007.

1. aespina

aespina Member

How do i transfer mp4 files to the ps3, wmp 11 doesnt recognize mp4 so i cant use it...please help....

2. drakex

drakex Regular member

You use the 3gp converter, that is the best converter, or use the pspvideo9, as well the SUPER video converter, convert them to the MP4 and then use a Flash memory with the Root Folder VIDEO to view the movies/files and then transfer copy them.

3. aespina

aespina Member

I dont think you understand....i want to transfer MP4 files that are larger then the largest flashdrive i have available to me right now and save them on the ps3. For example i have a 1 gig flash drive and a 3 gig mp4. How do i transfer a 3 gig mp4 to my ps3. .....

4. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

I've been saying this a lot now. Use Tversity.

5. odin24

odin24 Regular member

Or use DVD+/-RW and make a data DVD... that is if you're not networked. I used that method until I bought a 4 GB USB drive. Do not use video files larger than 4 GB on the PS3, I don't think the'll play.

6. tyler123

tyler123 Regular member

a 3 gig mp4 is huge .split the files .are you encoding a series .encoded hostel avi to mp4 way less than the 730 meg file .

i use nero for psp among others
    win avi for me g600 . sync issues i fear,
    or any i can fill the rest in .any video format to a g600 samsung .plays shit hot on me psp .put it on me phone ,all goes tits up .sync big time

7. Sudds

Sudds Active member

4gig+ files wont play, because the PS3,s HDD is formatted as FAT32, and this format cannot handle single files 4gig+.

8. rj21

rj21 Regular member

I use Red Kawa File Server to transfer all files from my pc to my ps3 via wifi works great and very easy to set up

9. Smoggie80

Smoggie80 Member

Or use DVD+/-RW and make a data DVD... that is if you're not networked. I used that method until I bought a 4 GB USB drive. Do not use video files larger than 4 GB on the PS3, I don't think the'll play.[/quote]

How does that work then Odin? I've tried this on numerous occasions with a tv program in 720p after conversion to HD mp4 and there is nothing on the data disc according to the PS3.

10. odin24

odin24 Regular member

How does that work then Odin? I've tried this on numerous occasions with a tv program in 720p after conversion to HD mp4 and there is nothing on the data disc according to the PS3.[/quote]

After you insert the disc and it loads press the triangle button, then there will be a few options; i.e. play, info, copy, etc. You should be able to watch your program then.

What program are you using to convert to MP4? Is it the AVC Cinema profile or just MP4?

11. Smoggie80

Smoggie80 Member

It is Heroes in 720p that i have downloaded via Bitorrent, and converted it using PS3 video 9. My USB flash is 2Gb, and after conversion, the MP4 file was 2.01Gb (typical) so i burnt to data disc using Nero.
    When in the PS3, if i press triangle on data disc i can't play the file or copy it, and there is no files on the disc.
    Just wondered if you had done anything different to this?

12. dutchmo

dutchmo Member

Create a folder named PS3 and within the PS3 folder, create a folder named VIDEO, add your mp4 movie to the video folder then burn to disc or transfer to your usb storage
    also for mp11 to recognize mp4 you will need a codec, I use K-Lite Codec Pack

Last edited: Oct 2, 2007
  13. Smoggie80

Smoggie80 Member

Alrite fellas, Dutchmo, it's still not having it. I created the folders and burnt them to disc ok, but when i put in the disc, there was nothing in the video folder under videos, but under music there was unsupported data. I tried burning it udf instead of iso but to no avail again.
    The file is 2.01GB, 0.01 too big!!!! for my usb flash, Can you believe that?! Doin my head in.

14. odin24

odin24 Regular member

The file you converted was probably copied from a PVR or a USB antenna for the PC (like I do sometimes), unless the original file is in excellent condition it will not play properly in the PS3. Say you lose reception for a second (while recording from satellite or antenna) the file will most likely be corrupt to the PS3 and will not recognize it. You might have to watch this one on your PC.

Another option would be to; Use Nero v.7 and create an AVCHD disc from the newly created MP4 file... you do this fron the "Vision" program within Nero. The process is lengthy but you will have a high defintion format disc on a regular DVD with surround sound. You will need the latest firmware on your PS3 to play this type of disc though.

15. Smoggie80

Smoggie80 Member

I started to look into this mate, but the transcoding was going to take over 2 hrs, so i'll try it tomorrow if time permits, sounds plausible.
    Thankyou. I'll let you know if it works then you can be as smug as you want!!! ;v )

16. Sudds

Sudds Active member

Use TVersity to stream the file.
    What codecs where used for encoding?

17. Smoggie80

Smoggie80 Member

I can't use Tversity Sudds, because my Pc is wired (or does that not matter?), i do have a router that enables me to go online with the PS3 though.
    As for the Codecs, your guess is as good as mine, I'm not exactly an expert in this field mate.

18. Sudds

Sudds Active member

No it shouldnt matter mate, once your PC and PS3 are either wirelessly or wired through the same router then they should be able to talk to each other.
    Find an app called G-Spot (am not messing!) select your movie file through it and it should tell you what codecs are being used.