1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer of MP3 to V710

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by ltacker, Mar 16, 2005.

1. ltacker

ltacker Member

I am currently using mPT 3.11h. I am trying to send mp3s to my phone, but for some reason, I can't do it.

I followed these steps as stated in an earlier post:
    1. I connected my V220 and started the Phone Tools program. It opens showing a skin of my phone and initializes. Took about 5-10 seconds to initialize.
    2. I clicked on Multimedia Studio and it takes me to the Welcome Page.
    3. I click on Melody Studio and a small help window comes up providing instructions on how to use it. I read through those instructions and closed the help window.
    4. In the Melody Studio window I clicked on the My PC tab and searched for an MP3. In this case I chose Why You Want to Treat Me So Bad by Prince.
    5. In the visual display at the bottom showing the left and right stereo channels, I highlighted with my mouse the first 15.5 seconds of that song - unfortunately it doesn't tell you how much time you have highlighted so I guessed based on the ticker marks.
    6. Then I clicked on the Save Selection As button at the top. The default file format is MP3. I named the file treatmesobad.mp3.
    7. I clicked the transfer button and rec'd an error message about a missing MP3 codec. No worries.
    8. I went back to the Mobile Explorer view, found my file, made sure the My Music tab was selected in the Mobile Phone Window. Then I clicked on the button in the middle of those two windows to transfer the file to the phone and it worked like a charm.

O get stuck at the part where it says "I click on Melody Studio and a small help window comes up providing instructions on how to use it. I read through those instructions and closed the help window." I can't find the melody studio program. Is it inside the multimedia software or somewhere else? If it is a seperate part of mPT does anyone have a copy wit hmelody studio in it, or can someone at least tell me where it is hiding?

Thank you
    ltacker

2. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

its with the MPT and its not hiding anywhere, u will find it on the Multimedia Studio on the left, i think the 4th tab....

3. ltacker

ltacker Member

Upon opening MMS Studio, I see the following tabs:
    Samples, My Mms, My Images, My melodies, and My PC.

I click on my melodies (the fourth tab like you said) but it does not show any of my MP3s that I have. As far as I know mPT is supposed to recognize MP3s with the V710 or am I mistaken? I have the files encoded at 192kbps. Does this need to be at a lower bit rate? Overall, how can I get mPT to recognize the MP3s? It recognizes and transfers pictures just fine.

4. ltacker

ltacker Member

After doing some more inspection, I found out that mPT will recognize wav files, but it still won't recognize my mp3 files. Any suggestions on how to make this work? I was also wondering how the files get transferred to the phone. Do they get transferred via the cable or do you have to use your service providers (such as verizon) MMS service which would cost money?

Thanks

5. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

u will be using the data cable and it wont cost anything, anyway why dont u use the P2K and save ur time from the problems its easy to use though,,,,