1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer PSOne/2 game saves to PC?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by memoryman, Jul 12, 2007.

1. memoryman

memoryman Member

Help! I need to move my PSOne/2 game saves from my PSOne/2 memory cards to my PC to use them with PSOne/2 emulators. People have said that you could move the saves from the PS2 to a USB flash drive using Gameshark, Codebreaker, or Action Replay Max Evo. Which one can do this, and which one works best for this purpose?

P.S: Someone also said you might not be able to do this, because the USB flash drive is not formatted for PS2, but isn't there some software that could format the flash drive on your PC first, before transferring the saves from the PS2 to the flash drive?

2. gozilla

gozilla Regular member

Action Replay Max Evo is what i use to copy the contents of my PS2 memory cards onto PC (and vice-versa). don't know if it works with PSOne saves, might give it a try.

3. memoryman

memoryman Member

If you can store PSOne saves on the PS2 memory card, I would think you could just transfer the entire contents of the card to a flash drive, then to your PC. Please try it out, Gozilla, or anyone else out there, then post your results!

4. geraldo18

geraldo18 Member

Man, it's right on time! I was just googling for something bout PSOne transfers.

I've tried myself most ways and still got no chance.

I tried first copying all saves from PSOne MCs to PS2 MCs OK

But now copying them to either flash cards or the PC via nPort... NO WAY

The great problem is all programs that manage PS2 saves are for PS2!

Action Replay MAX does barely recognize the save files: "corrupted data"

But nPort, it copies those .npo files to the PC, then when trying to send them back to the PS2 MC: "corrupted data"

And no use trying to edit the files, i tried .npo > .xps > .psu conversion but not even that way!

Programs such as Save Builder or PS MemoryCard Utility 2 (great for PSOne<>PS2 transactions) won't help!

Anyone with a cool tutorial???

5. memoryman

memoryman Member

Hey guys! I found this post on this forum and on a few other forums, but I didn't quite understand it.

Originally posted by alkarl:

"FREE DEXDRIVE ALTERNATIVE
    equipment needed:
    -a borrowed usb thumbdrive.
    -a borrowed PS2.
    -your pc and your PS1 :)

-PSXRC is a tool that can't work without PSXGE and ULaunchELF.
    -ULaunchELF is needed for the transfer from the PS1 to the PC.
    -PSXGE is needed to extract and insert "single game saves" from or into "full memorycard images".

-"single game saves" have the extention (.mcs) AND NOT (.mcr)
    -"full memorycard images" may have different extensions (*.gme dexdrive,*.mcr epsxe)
    -you MUST understand the difference between (.mcr) and (.mcs).

PSXRC can convert single game saves extracted from any full memcard (*.gme,*.mcr) compatible with PSXGE into raw saves.
    wich mean that you have first:
    -to extract your save "from a full memcard" (*.gme,*.mcr) using PSXGE.
    -then convert the extracted "single game save" (*.mcs) using PSXRC.
    -then do the transfer to your real PS1 memcard using ulaunchelf.

and it can also convert raw saves extracted from your real psx memcard using ulaunchelf (last version recommended) into "single game saves" compatible with PSXGE.
    wich mean that you will have:
    -to transfer "raw saves" to your pc using ulaunchelf.
    -then convert the transfered "raw saves" using PSXRC.
    -then insert your sngle game saves(.mcs) into a "full memcard" (*.gme,*.mcr) using PSXGE.

-use PSXRC by drag&drop'ing the files on it..
    ..(raw or .mcs) NOT (.gme or .mcr) :D

PSXRC can be found at: ps2savetools.com"

Can anyone explain this in more detail, or Alkarl, if you're out there, could you please reply to this post?