1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfering edited file back to dv....dropping frames!

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by and_rej, Mar 18, 2005.

1. and_rej

and_rej Member

Here is the problem I have ..again.
    When I start transfering video back to dv tape, every now and then few frames are droped out(i supose) The lcd on camcorder flashes blue (no picture) , for a sec, which is also visible on tape later.

-is it possible that a couse of this is slow disk acces time (its fragmenetd , 2/3 of space is freee,cca. 40 gb, ntfs). It doesnt seems like it would be very busy, during transfer
    -how much role does prozesor speed and ram, play in transfering? I supose not very much....
    -is it Studio 8 that can cause this problems? Will I have better results,or is it more suitable to do this with Premiere?
    -the output format says 720 * 576 video. Is this still dv avi, or is it rendered at a lower quality?

Plese help, thanks for any answer, andrej

2. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

Transferring back to tape is certainly a demanding process, but any PC that is not older than a couple of years should be able to do it without any problem. Nevertheless, you should not be doing anything else at the same time and not have too many processes running in the background. If suppose you mean that your harddrive is DEfragmented.
    One thing that you can do is first save your file from the Studio timeline to an AVI files (DV compressed). You can then create a new project in Studio, import that file, place it on the tilmeline and export that to tape. This reduced the need to jump between different position on your hard disk while transferring to tape.

http://www.digitalvideoclub.com

Last edited: Mar 19, 2005
  3. and_rej

and_rej Member

Yes, I meant defragmented.
    Thanks for this tip, this is a possibility. It would be much easier for disk.