1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

transfering game saves to memory card using launchELF

Discussion in 'PS2' started by stumpeded, Feb 5, 2007.

1. stumpeded

stumpeded Guest

im new here and as u can c by my name im stumped.i want to find a free way that will alow me to download ps2 save games and transfer them to my memory card on my ps2(slim)these are the instructions i found:
    1)Launch Save Builder 08x
    2)Open the Armax or Any downloaded save file through it.
    -It will show you the contents in that save.
    - You will see the ROOT ID of the game just under the Text icon.
    3) copy the Text of ROOT ID (eg. BASLUS-21376,BESLES-53017tmnt2).
    4) Open the folder where you want your save file saved(eg. c:\My Documents).
    5) Create a New Folder & RENAME IT AS THE ROOT ID OF THE SAVE(eg. A Folder named "BASLUS-21376" for the the save file that has BASLUS-21376 as it's ROOT ID.)
    6) Go back to Save Builder and Highlight all the contents of the save file (eg BASLUS-21376, icon.sys, mc.ico ,abc123 & so on)
    and
    -EXTRACT THEM IN THE FOLDER YOU CREATED EARLIER(BY RIGHT-CLICKING THE FILES THERE IS AN OPTION "Extract").
    - OR COPY AND PASTE THEM IN THE FOLDER YOU CREATED EARLIER.
    7) Now this is a Save file READY TO USE!!
    8) NOW COPY THE FOLDER ONTO YOUR FLASH.
    9) And transfer it onto your Memory Card
    -Via A.rmax OR LuanchELF
    ive got ps2 save builder 08x and launchELF v4.08 but i dont get how im ment to transfer it to the memory card using launchELF, ive tried putting launchELF on a CD-R but my ps2 wont read it. oh by the way i have a usb flash drive

2. tdude511

tdude511 Member

As far as I know, to transfer saves, you will need either:

A. Action Replay
    or
    B. A modded PS2 that can play backups

I would recommend getting the Action Replay, the Memory Manager feature on it is very useful. It will allow you to get saves onto your USB drive and transfer them to the MC easily. If you have an internet connection, you can even download the saves straight from the internet. Otherwise, you need a way to run backup games, and it is much more complicated as well.

3. stumpeded

stumpeded Guest

where can i get action replay? i tried just putting launchELF onto Cd but it didnt work

4. stumpeded

stumpeded Guest

9)transfer it onto your Memory Card
    -Via A.rmax OR LuanchELF

i dont under stand how i transfer the saves to my PS2

im guessing that i put launchELF onto a DVD then put it in my PS2(it has a mod chip & is slim)ive tried putting it to cd but my PS2 wont read it and i dont want to buy stuff

ive also been told of a program called xploit. will this work? does anyone have any free alternatives to launchELF(if u dont know it is a program that u use to transfer game saves from a usb flash drive to PS2)the alternative just has to do the stuff in the italics i also need to know where i can get it from

5. Numberdah

Numberdah Member