1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfering games from HD to HD?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by viperh, Feb 28, 2007.

1. viperh

viperh Member

Just a quick question.

I use HDAdvance and I saved my games to my HD and it works great. I've since filled up my HD with all of my games and have purchased more. I want to transfer the full HD to a bigger HD so I no longer have to swap them out. If I hook the HD up to my pc bios sees it, Hardware manager sees it, but I cannot see it under my computer to browse the files any ideas. Also I through it in my Linux box and tried to disk copy it over to the new bigger HD with no luck. Any Ideas?

Nate

2. steimy

steimy Active member

search for Winhiip
    I know it can format a PS2 hard drive an install games to it in your PC. Do not know if it can copy them though.
    You may need a special drive clone program to copy it, only problem there is that to copy it from one to the other you would have to have them both in the PC

another option is setting up an FTP server (only for modded systems)
    this way they can be transfered through a cat5 ethernet cable from the PS2 to the PC, although this would take about as long as just installing them all manually from the disc to the new HDD

3. viperh

viperh Member

thanks man good thing I had Daemon tools already on my PC.. Did what you said and everything worked out awesome like.

Nate